Chapter 29 - I Swore

Xander Redent

I got up and slowly opened my eyes. I automaticly look for Athena but she's no where to be found. Everything felt like a dream suddenly, I remembered when I cried my heart out when she's going to get married with Jacob. I got up in horror and my breath got heavier as I looked around at my empty room.

Suddenly the bathroom door opened and I turned to see Athena, I took a breath of relieve.

"Why are you shock?" She asked and I shook my head. I sat on the bed and closed my eyes to calm myself. I think I still can't seperates what's reality and dream.

"Xander, are you okay?" Athena asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Let's make dinner." I said as I got up and smiled at her. I walked first towards the door but Athena grabbed my shirt preventing me to get out.

"Xander, you're not okay." She said and I sighed.

"Let's just get dinner, Athena."

"No.. you need tell me." She said as she pulled me back. She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the sofa. She made me sit and she sat right beside me.

"Tell me.." She said and I took a really deep breath.

"7 years ago, when had a thing between us.. I genuine like you, Athena. You gave me the affect that no one never give me before. At first, I was confuse about everything and I try to deny at some point by running to other girls. I don't know the definition of love at that point, I was trying to get a lot of attention because I always felt lonely with my parents working day and night. I know it sounds like an excuse but trust me, I was so lonely and wanted attention so crazy." I said and I took a deep breath once again.

"And then you come around again after 7 years, I thought I was over you because I have a lot of girls around me to fill the emptiness for 7 years but you came ruining again." I said honestly.

"I want you so bad but I can't even reach you. I was so sad that I let out my emotions every night until I fell asleep dreaming about you being with me, being next to me, being there for me instead with Jacob but it was all just a dream. Now.. You're really here with me but I still confuse if it's a dream or reality. I can't separate it." I said truthfully and Athena just said silent.

"I want you so bad until I was willing to do anything but I know at one point.. I can't force you so I gave up. I gave up knowing that it's already over for me." I said and I sighed. I turned to her and she just looked at me with a really unreadable expression.

She slowly leaned her head to me and cupped my face. She kissed my lips slowly and she sat on my lap. She hugged me tightly and I hugged her back tightly. I can feel my body feel more alive when her around, it's so different.

"I'm here, you don't need to worry about it anymore." She whispered it to my ear.

"I know." I whispered back.

"I thought I can move on fast too but I failed. It ended up with you again and again. I cried a lot when I read your letter and it made me realize that I don't want the wedding but I can't cancel it at the same time." She said as I buried my head to her neck.

"Please don't ever leave me again, I don't know what do if you're gone again." I said honestly because I felt so broken when she's going to get married.

"Don't hurt me again."

"I won't, I promise." I saif and I found tears coming out from my eyes. I always wanted this and I still don't know if it's a dream or reality. I hugged Athena tightly completely not wanting to let her go. I want to feel her on my arms.

She released the hug and she looked at me smiling. She caressed my cheek and wiped my tears.

"Never thought, the crazy Redent will cry." She smiled and I hugged her again.

"Xander.. I'm hungry, let's eat." She said trying to get out from my arms. I let go and let her out. I wiped my tears real quick and turned to Athena.

"Did you really go on your knees?" She asked teasing me and I shook my head.

"No." I said and she chuckled. She caressed my cheek and I turned to her.

"It's not a dream, Xander. I'm here." She said and I pulled her towards me. I crashed my lips to her completely wanting her so badly. I pulled her back to my lap and deepens the kiss. I slipped my hand to the side of her face and she circled her arms around me. I laid her on the sofa with me on top of her.

"You can't go away from me again, Athena." I said between kisses and she just kept kissing me.

"I want you so bad." I said.

"Take me." She said and that made me out of control right away. I got up pulling her with me. I took off her hoodie and I froze for a second seeing her. She took off my shirt and then she kissed me again.

I got up from the sofa and took her to my bed. I swear, every inch of my body was burning for her. The feelings that I have for her just took over me and it was crazy. It was a really crazy feeling.

I started to trail kisses down to her neck and she moaned. I unclaspped her bra and threw it away. My eyes was stuck to see how beautiful she is and I will never take her for granted again.

"I swear.. I won't let you again, Athena." I swore it with all my heart and my life.