Chapter 33 - Me Too

Athena Lemiere

"Can you all stop giving him that judging face?!" I glared at my grandfather, my dad and my brothers.

"Eat your soup, Nicholas." My grandmother said and my grandfather took his spoon and start dig in. I turned to Xander and smiled. He looked so nervous and I held his hand under the table.

"No.. holding hands." My dad said.

"Stop it!" My mom smacked my dad.

"Can we have a peaceful dinner now? You guys already let me with him so stop giving him that look."

"Who let you?" Chase asked and I pointed at my dad and my grandfather.

"Since when did you two become so cheap?" Caleb asked and I sighed.

"Let's just eat.. so Xander, what do you these days?" My mom asked.

"I'm currently working on the Colorado hotel, Mrs. Lemiere."

"Oh just call me Scarlette, no need to be so formal." My mom said and I'm so thankful for that.

"Oh the one that-" My grandmother covered my grandfather's mouth.

"Is it doing great?" My mom asked.

"Yes, I want to thank Mr. Lemiere for giving me the rest of the land." He said and I turned to him smiling. The dinner went well and thank God that my dad asked him good questions about business. They got along well actually and after that I took Xander out to the garden.

"You did great." I said as we sat on the bench beside the pool.

"I was so nervous, I thought they're going to kill me." He said and I chuckled.

"No.. they love you already."

"They have to.. they don't have a choice." He said as he leaned slowly to me. I heard weird noises and I turned to the bushes.

"Are you kidding me?" I said and they all came out hiding. They all walked back to the house.

"Sorry.. they're crazy. Where were we?" I turned to Xander as I leaned closer to his face. I pulled his chin towards me and I kissed him.

"I'm so happy that we get to spend time in London, this place really means a lot to me." He said and I smiled.

"Glad to hear that."

"Let's spend time together tomorrow, how about that?" The idea of going out together really makes me afraid.

"Is it about the articles and everything?" Xander asked and I nodded.

"I mean.. I know I'm not suppose to care about it but it's just.. you know." I said and he nodded.

"I understand, it's okay." He said as he kissed my cheek.

"I'm glad that everything is starting to fall in place." I said.

"Yeah.. I'm so glad that you're back with me."

"What will happen if I keep going with that wedding?" I asked.

"I can't imagine that, I don't even want to imagine that." I smiled hearing it and we both stayed silent for awhile.

"Athena.."

"Hmm?" I asked as he intertwined his hand with mine.

"I love you." He said and I didn't expect that he will say it. I mean he said it in front of my dad but this time is different.

"I really mean it, I just.. I know that you're the one for me. We did have a rough patch and I was a fool and jerk but I want to fix everything and start again with you." I turned to him and our eyes met.

"I will.. try my best to make you happy, to be there for you."

"Well.. I guess I'm stuck with you then." I said and he chuckled.

"I really love your family too. I mean they're awesome." I chuckled and I shook my head.

"They were so hard on you, didn't they?" I asked and he shook his head.

"It's normal, parents always want the best for their kids."

"Why are you so sweet?" I asked as I leaned my head closer to him.

"I love you so much, Athena. You're literally the core of my life now." He said and he gave me a peck on my lips.

"What did you dad say about all this?"

"Well.. he knew it will happen eventually. He knew about me liking you a lot but the fact that Redent and Lemiere don't have a really good relationship makes him a little bit.. you know. He has a crazy pride and he almost lose my mom because of that too and I'm not going to be like him."

"I can't believe he hit you.. yesterday."

"I just give up, I don't want to argue. I lose you once and I'm not going lose you twice. Keeping my pride means losing you again and I rather kneel and beg for them to let me be with you instead of not doing it and not proving that I'm good enough and deserve to be with you." Xander.. why do you have to be this.. sweet?

"I read people's comment a lot of social media that Athena Lemiere is so dumb for not being with Jacob. He's the future king, he has a good personality and everything that everygirl wants in a guy. Even I see him as a one perfect man but in the end of the day.. even though he's perfect for me but it doesn't me that he's the one for me. I'm glad that he met his match now because he's happier."

"You're right. People judge you without knowing what is it like not loving someone the same way as the other person does. For me.. love is like a puzzle. You need to find your match. It's not easy and not everyone are luck enough to find the one." Xander said and I nodded.

"Actually I read all the article, Athena. I think you were too focus on your own articlr until you didn't realize that Jacob and Christine's article came out too. People judge them too.. and commented how crazy Jacob is to be with Christine. And again.. people judge us only from their point of view which is not good."

"We're just an ordinary people but they.. just over reacted. I mean.. they love drama and want that from us." I sighed.

"Being Lemiere.. Being Redent is hard. Our last name screams it all. York company and then The Gold Lifes.. everyone thinks it's a big deal. No matter how we try to be private, everyone wants to know everything." Xander's right.

"I rather make it private." I said and he chuckled kissing the top of my head.

"Me too."