Secrets Of History Revealed

(Derrick's POV)

It's been four hours and she hasn't even breathed differently. She hasn't moved, spoken in her sleep and her heart rate is, for me, too slow.

I'm panicing and I don't even know how she ended up fainting.

One minute she was normal and then in the blink of am eye she was scared of me, no TERRIFIED.

I got up and began pacing the small room she was in and continued this for a long time. I was trying to figure out what had her so freaked out when I would come anywhere near her, but kept coming up blank.

I never hit her, I can't, I don't hit girls, ao thats not it. When I confronted her about what she told my mom, I wasn't trying to be rude or mean towards her so that's not it.

Then it hit me, "He doesn't care that this all remind me and brings back horrible memories from a time in my past"

I stopped, midstep and then turned to her and looked down at her. Was it because of something from her past? Could I have reminded her of something from the horrible memories she mentioned?

But how? What could have happened that I remind her of that was so bad it scares her enough to faint?

I sat back down in the chair beside her bed and just looked at her, what has she gone through that scared her so badly?

Leaning back I began texting Thomas to search her records and find out as much about her as possible, but before I finished, Elizabeth started to move.

Dropping my phone, I stood up and watched as she opened her eyes with discomfort.

"What happened?" She asked with a hoarse voice.

Pouring a glass of water I helped her sit up and then handed it to her. I sat back down and told her, "You started to freak out when I tried to come near you and then when you looked ready to fall, I tried catching you but you screamed and fainted."

Her face at first looked confused and then realization became evident in her eyes. Shaking her head she simply said, "It wasn't you. It was him." before taking another sip from her cup.

I was confused, who's "him" and why is she afraid of him?

"Who? Who's "him"?"I asked.

Shaking her head she looked around and then at me, "Where's the bathroom? I need to pee." she explained.

"The door to your right." I said totally lost. What?! I need to know this stuff if I'm to protect her! And she averts the conversation to her having to pee? WHAT?!

Five minutes later she poked her head out from the door as if to hide and scanned the room. When her eyes landed on me, they narrowed,"What are you still doing here?" she asked and came out into the room, taking a seat on the bed. Bouncing a little she asked, "And why are your beds so bouncy?"

Shaking my head, I ignored her last comment and asked her again, "Who is it that you thought I was that scared you that much?"

At this she stopped bouncing and seemed dazed by something, before turning to look at me. "I - I can't tell you that." she said and looked away.

"No! You need to tell me!" I exclaimed, fed up with everything.

She looked scared when I yelled but after she looked angry. "Why?" she asked. "Why? Why do you need to know about my past?" she asked.

"Because you protected my brother, so now I want to protect you." I explained.

She shook her head and stood infront of me with a determined look. "No, but I'll make you a deal. I help you find you brother and then I'm set free. And you're not going to ask me about my past anymore or you have to set me free before you get your brother back. Got it?"