Chapter 4

*******Later That Day*********

It was nearing six o’clock, when I finish for the day. I sat there twiddling my thumbs watching the clock. There was no Olly or Paige or Jake in sight so I sat alone, there were people still rushing around the kitchen trying to keep the hotels five start reputation true but I just sat there waiting for the clock to strike six.  I looked out the window at the still ocean. It sparkled in the sunlight like a million little diamonds.  The sun was getting lower; it would probably set at seven like it did every other day.

On days were I had enough energy left in me I would go watch the sun set, take a walk on the beach and lookout at the clam ocean.  It was my thinking time, my alone time, it was my time. It was very peaceful and relaxing and helped me get rid of all the stress I carry on my shoulders. I hadn’t gone for one of my beach walks for ages so I decided I would today.

It was a minute to when I decided to leave the kitchen and walk to the staff house. I had a quick shower then changed into one of my favourite branded tees and a pair of bardot denim short shorts. I blow dried my hair and let it fall naturally into its long chestnust waves. I grabbed my iPhone and bedroom keys and put them in my pocket then slipped on a pair of black haviana flip-flops and ran down the stairs and out into the summer evening air.

The sky was already orange and it reflected on the water making the ocean also orange.  I walked along the boardwalk leading from the staff house to the beach. It was only a short walk maybe forty meters or so. I slid my shoes off and trod onto the cold sand. It tickled when the sand squashed in between my toes. 

I walked along the beach next to the shore line across to the rocks. I stepped onto the first layer of rocks, on the second layer I had to move my foot around a few times before finding a comfortable spot to place it, on the third and fourth layer a cut each one of my feet. I looked down to see the little droplets of blood trickle out, it stung but I kept moving wanting to get over to the other side before sunset.

When I reached the top of the cliff I got a great view of my little hidden beach. It was only fifty meters long but it was the perfect get away and it was so private, I think I was the only person that had discovered it this summer but people had obviously been here before. There was one rock on the far side that had about a hundred names carved into it; I was yet to add mine.  I jumped down the other side quit quickly hopping from rock to rock.  I washed my feet in the ocean getting rid of all the blood then walked to the centre of the beach and sat in the soft sand. I listened to the wave’s crash against the shore and watched the sun get lower and lower.

“Grace!” I heard a familiar voice shout across the beach, I spun my head around to see Niall approaching me.

 “Niall, what are you doing here?”

“I like to have some privacy time, get away from all the fans, what about you?” he leant down and sat beside me.

“I come here every so often to get away from everything, but how did you get here without anyone following you?”

“I’m a specially trained ninja” he started doing some sort of karate moves with his hands as he said this.  I let out a little giggle; he sure was a very strange boy.

“You have the cutest laugh” a massive grin formed on his face. I could feel my cheeks burning up and going red when he said this.

“Arh I hate my laugh” I said in embarrassment.

“Why it’s adorable?”

“Why are you complementing me?” I snapped back at him quite aggressively, I hated when people complemented me.

“Because it’s the truth” he retorted.

I couldn’t be bothered arguing with him so I didn’t reply but it feel awkwardly silent for a few minutes before any one said anything again.