Chapter 7

I ran out of the closes doors and onto the familiar busy streets. I can’t remember what happened next but I just kept running as fast as possible. News vans started driving past and the cameras were still flashing everywhere.

I had no clue where the boys were or if they were safe but all I needed to worry about was finding Paige and getting out of the city. The only problem was that I had left my bag back at the signing which meant I had no money or phone. I did the only smart thing to and made my way back to the car. There was one group of paparazzi that followed me but the rest stayed at the shopping centre. I arrived back at Starbucks but our car was nowhere in sight. I freaked out a bit as I now was stuck in the middle of the city with a bunch of cameras following me. I could either go back to the shopping centre and try and get my stuff or walk back to the hotel which was a few kilometres away. Going back to the shopping centre was way too risky so I decided to walk. Surely the paparazzi would stop following me once I go out of the city.  It took me awhile to walk to the hotel but I arrived late afternoon. I walked through the car park to see if Paige was back but her parking bay was empty. Next to it Olly’s car pulled up and he got out of his silver Mercedes, he looked across at me the turned and walked towards the bar.

“Olly!” I shouted at him but he didn’t respond. “Olly please what have I done wrong?”

“JUST FUCK OFF GRACE!” he said before running off out of sight.  I could feel tears running down my face, why was he acting like this, what have I done to make him angry? I needed to go somewhere to think, somewhere I could clear my head so I started running down the board to my secret beach. As my feet hit the sand I kicked my wedges off. I couldn’t be bothered picking them up so I kept running towards the rocks. I climbed them quickly and jumped from the top on the other side. I sat in the middle of the beach and rapt my arms around my legs. I started sobbing into my knees and rocking backwards.

“Finally” I heard Niall say behind me, “I’ve been looking everything for you”.

I turned around and saw the blonde boy carrying my heels and bag.

“Grace what’s wrong?” he said as he noticed me crying.

“He hates me Niall, I don’t know what I’ve done wrong but he hates me!” I yelled while crying.

“Wait who hates you?”

“Olly, he hates me”

“Who’s Olly?”

“We were best friends but now he is fucking some chick he just met and he won’t even talk to me”

“Wow, Grace I’m so sorry to hear that”

“I can’t do anything to get our friendship back” I sobbed. Tears’ kept rolling down my face as Niall embraced me into a hug.

“Is there anything I can do? Anything at all?”

“No it’s okay, thankyou though”

“No problem” He smiled then tightened his grasp.  I rested my head on his shoulder and we both watch the bright orange sun sink into the crisp ocean. 

I could feel myself doze off into a daydream but Niall slowly started rising. He stood up and brushed the sand of his bottom.

“Here I’ll walk you back to your room” he said offering me a hand.

“I don’t think I’m ready to go back yet”

“Oh um well, maybe you could stay the night with me and the lads”

“Oh that would be lovely but only if it’s okay with the others”

“They won’t mind at all” he smiles.