Chapter Fifteen

After untacking Titan and brushing him thoroughly, I brought him out to a grassy patch and let him munch away

After untacking Titan and brushing him thoroughly, I brought him out to a grassy patch and let him munch away. I felt so bad for what happened to him. Justine was such an inexperienced rider, she didn't know how to handle a horse like T.

"You just want someone to be gentle with you, huh, buddy?" I asked as I sat down next to him. He kept eating his grass, so I made sure he wasn't going to step on the lead. "I'm sorry I let Hannah do that to you. I knew you weren't ready and I knew Justine was the last person who should be riding you."

He picked his head up and looked at me, dripping some green slime on my leg.

"Thank you," I laughed. I wiped the slime off and wiped it on his face before scratching the base of his forelock. "I hope you don't hate me. I really do love you, you know."

He snorted in response.

"Talking to our horses now, are we?" I heard someone say from behind me. I looked and saw Leo walking over to me. "It's okay, I do it too."

"Hey babe," I smiled, standing up. "What's up?"

"I was going to ask if you wanted to go out somewhere tonight?"

"I would love to, but I've had a pretty long day," I frowned. "Doesn't mean we can't stay in, though. Hannah's on foal watch again."

"Movie night?" he asked, giving Titan a pat.

"Sure," I replied. "I still need to bring him in and take a shower though."

"No problem," he said. "I can go run out and get some stuff, just leave your house door unlocked and I'll take care of everything before you're even out."

"You're the best," I smiled as I leaned in to kiss him. "I'll see you in a bit."

He smiled back at me as he headed back towards his truck. "I'll be back!"

I turned my attention back to Titan, who I let graze for another few minutes. Once I was satisfied he didn't hate me, I brought him back into the barn and threw him some extra hay. He deserved it.

"Okay buddy, we have a lesson tomorrow, so rest up, okay?" I asked. "I love you all, ponies, goodnight."

I shut the light off and headed back to the house. I grabbed joggers and a t-shirt and headed to my bathroom where I took a nice long hot shower and scrubbed the day off of me.

Sadly, I did have to eventually get out, so I shut the water off and stepped out, wrapping my hair up and drying off. I put lotion on and threw my wet hair into a bun before heading back out to my room, where I found Leo.

"Spider-man, Captain America, or Iron Man?" he asked as he flipped through Netflix on my TV. I flopped down on my bed next to him.

"Ooh, Captain America," I grinned. "Winter Soldier, though. I love Bucky Barnes."

"Winter Soldier it is," he laughed, clicking play. We watched intently, sharing popcorn, watermelon Sour Patch Kids, Nerds, and sour gummy worms. He laughed at my reactions to Bucky Barnes (c'mon guys, he's a whole SNACK!) and hyper-focused on all the battle scenes. About halfway through the movie, I needed to pee.

"I'll be back," I said as I untangled myself from his grasp. He paused the movie and pulled his phone out as I headed to my bathroom. When I returned, he had a puzzled look on his face. "What's up?"

"Justine posted a horse wanted ad on FaceBook, you know anything about this?" he asked as he turned his phone towards me.

"About that..." I started. "Yeah. Her dad found out we had Titan and was interested in buying him. Justine rode him and fell off twice. Needless to say, we still have Titan."

"Damn. Really?" he laughed. "Wow. Did she try any other horses?"

"Nope," I said as I popped a sour worm in my mouth. "She refused. I'm not too worried though, one sale lost isn't going to wreck the business."

"You'll probably still end up with her sale," Leo said. "Only the best for Justine, and they'll find that here."

"True that," I agreed. "Alright, let's get back to Sebastian Stan and Chris Evans."

-

After the movie, Leo and I decided to go on a ride around the farm. He rode Archie and I rode Dublin.

"So Titan's been good?" Leo asked as we walked towards the breeding farm.

"For me," I laughed. "Yeah, we're making some real progress. Granted, he still has his moments, but on average, he gets better every ride."

"That's amazing, Em," he smiled. "He's going to be amazing, and you two are going to be absolutely unstoppable."

"If I can keep him," I frowned as I pat Dub on the neck.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"I don't know, it just seemed that because Hannah showed Titan to Justine, she wanted him out," I shrugged. "She could get a lot for him, and I understand that it's business."

"Look, Em," he started. "Hannah would be crazy to sell this horse. You're the only one that's been able to connect with him, and you're improving together. Don't overthink it."

I paused for a moment, thinking. "You might have a point," I finally said after a moment. "Doesn't mean I won't savor every moment I get with him. He's amazing, I don't even know where to begin."

"He's a special horse," Leo said. "He needs someone special to break him out of his shell. That's you."

"You're too good to me," I smiled. "Let's race. First one back to the barn gets to pick the board game we play."

Archie ended up winning, for the record, so after we untacked and put the horses away, Leo decided we play LIFE.

We were up all night, playing games, watching movies, and going wherever the night led us. He ended up sleeping over after a very fun night.

-

"Did something happen between you and Leo?" Molly asked over FaceTime the next morning. "When he came home I asked how it went and he was really vague."

"Um, yeah, I guess you could say that," I shrugged.

"Bro, did you two break up? What happened?" she asked.

"I think it's best if you come over, and we can talk."

what do you think happened?? leave a comment! the more comments and votes the quicker the next update!