Epilogue I

3 years later •

"Let's break up then!"

"Good thing we think alike then," Mei stated, seeing her own shocked yet numb feeling mirrored on Taehyungs face, "How could we've let it come so far."

"It'll be the first, and the last thing we agree on then," Taehyung stated with a cold voice, averting his face from her, "Why do we need to talk like this to each other? Why Mei?!"

Mei opened her mouth to say something, but she realized she had nothing left to say to him. Everything had been poured out, and all she did feel was an empty and hollow feeling.

As she let out a sigh she grabbed her handbag and pulled out the keys to Taehyungs apartment.

Without a word, she dropped them on the dining table and turned around. Not once did she permit herself to glance back on her way out, knowing that she would break the moment she saw his cold and distant expression.

•○•

"I should just go home right?" Mei's thoughts were a jumbled up mess off conflicted feelings and an unrealistic reality, "Why do I feel so pathetic?"

Even though she had left his apartment quickly, after getting in her car she had frozen on the spot. The car wasn't even started, that's how indecisive her life felt at the moment.

Leaning her head on the steering wheel, Mei felt like a lost, and wandering soul. The most obvious decision right now was to go home, but her body rejected the idea of doing anything. She didn't want to go anywhere, wondering if time could freeze like this.

"Did we really break up?" The thought continuously flashed through Mei's mind, and she felt like banging her head on the steering, just to wake up from this mess, "How did it come to this? What happened to us Kim Taehyung?"

•○•

"God, fucking, damn!" Taehyung cursed, hitting the damned keys she had left behind, off the table, "I hate you! I hate you so much! I hate you because it hurts so much and because I still love you so god damn much!"

His gaze fell on a polaroid of them hung up on the fridge, and marched towards it. Without a second thought, he pulled the photo off the fridge as his anger peaked. Yet when looked at the picture and her smiling face, he couldn't bring himself to rip it apart.

Slumping down on the kitchen floor, he clutched the photo against his chest and let out whining yell coming from deep within his throat.

Taehyung was so mad he could break his whole house down, but the worst part of it was that he wasn't mad at Mei. He had been frustrated with himself and how their situation had become, but before he could stop himself he had directed this - unjustifiedly, towards Mei and he exploded in the wrong way.

Taehyung had been restless for a couple of weeks, as they had been turning and tossing around each other with pent-up frustrations. Neither of them expressed it honestly, but they both had constantly been tensed in each others presence.

He had, had so many times where he just wanted to blurt everything out, every dark thought every frustration and insecurity he felt - although he hated admitting this but, right at those times the mood would get slightly better and he would refrain from doing so.

In the end, that had been a bad choice and let them to this disastrous moment. He wondered if Mei had constantly been feeling the same way too. Now that he was thinking about it, he couldn't quite remember the last time they had openly talked to each other about their issues and thoughts.