Chapter 9

Gavin and Connor arrived at the place. The house of Bishlasana's.

Gavin is still grinning at that dumb last name. And Connor was just confused, not understanding what is so funny about the last name "Bishlasana".

---

They were investigating the scene together. Even though Connor did not need to do anything at all.

"Gavin!" he shouted from upstairs.
"Come here, you must see this!"

Shawn Bishlasana was standing with his mom beside Gavin, who was questioning them at the time.

Suddendly, Shawn ran upstairs right before Gavin, making him schocked.

"Shawn! Where are you going?" Margareth called for her son.

Gavin chased Shawn upstairs, but he was late. Shawn was standing in front of Connor with a pistol, which was loaded. There were drugs in packages, a notebook and a big amout of money scattered across the floor.

"Stay away from me!" Shawn screamed, with tears in his eyes.

Connor backed away a little.

Gavin did so too.

Then, after only a few seconds, Shawn aimed the pistol to his chin.

"No!" Gavin began running up to the teen, wanting to stop him from suicide.

Then, Shawn aimed a gun directly at him.

Connor scanned the scene. There was only a 13% propability for Gavin to survive. So Connor jumped in front of him when Shawn shot the bullet, damaging his upper back.

Gavin caught Connor into his arms.

Then he heard another shot. Shawn was dead.

Margareth then rushed to her son, crying.

"C-Connor? Connor!" Gavin called, his eyes welling up, when he saw that Connor's LED was gray. It means he in not alive.

He left the case for other officers and detectives.

Then he carried Connor to his car.

----------------

Connor walked into the archives room, while Hank was beating up Richard Perkins.

"Locate Jericho" was all his lifeless system said.

Just when Connor was about to enter the Evidence locker...

"Hey Connor!"

"I'm talking to you, asshole! Where you're going? Nobody wants plastic pricks around here, or didn't anybody tell you?" Gavin asked, being hostile towards Connor.

Connor was not amused by any of Detective's words.

He turned to Detective Reed. "I'm registering the evidence in my possesion... But don't worry... I'm going to leave..." his voice softened at the end of his sentence.

Gavin squinted his eyes, glaring at him.

"Though I'm certaintly going to miss our bromance." Connor added, no emotion in his voice.

"Son of a bitch!" Gavin mumbled loudly, pointing his gun at Connor's forehead.

Connor just stood there, deadpan. He was not scared. He can't die. He's not alive.

Gavin then realized that he can't scare or shoot his co-worker, so he imitated a gunshot sound and laughed awkwardly, Connor smiled a fakest smile that Gavin has ever seen in his entire life.

After mumbling some more threats, Gavin left the room.

---

Just when Connor found Jericho's location, again...

"I've been dreaming about this since the first second I saw you." Gavin said, pointing his gun at Connor's back.

"Don't do it, Gavin. I know how to stop the deviants!" Connor tried explaining, but he heard a gunshot, but dodged it and hid behind a desk.

Then he took the gun out of Gavin's hands and smacked him so hard, he dropped onto the floor, unconsious.

Then Connor left him laying there, making his way to Jericho.

---

Connor then opened his eyes, only to see whiteness of the ceiling. When he got up...

Wait...

This is Gavin's bedroom! He was on his bed. There was some thirium on it.

He checked the time. It was 7:45 in the morning, Tuesday.

He remembered what happened yesterday. The last thing he remembered was getting shot into his back. Then he was shut down.

But...

His back felt like it was fresh and new...

Gavin fixed him? How did he know how to do that?

Connor got up and folded the bed sheets, since they'll have to be cleaned, and exited Gavin's room.

When he got downstairs, he saw Gavin, sleeping with his work clothes, which were covered in thirium.

Also, there were some boxes of new android biocomponents, which were needed to repair Connor.

Connor's heart ached again. Gavin was that nice enough, to spend his time which was needed for him to sleep, to fix Connor? His... Friend?

Connor then shook Gavin to wake him up. "Uhm?" Gavin barely opened his eyes and saw him. "Connor!" he shouted excitedly and hugged him. "I'm so sorry, Connor! I did not want you to get hurt! It was all my fault... Please forgive me..."

Connor hugged back. "Gavin... It is not your fault. I had to take the shot, because humans are more important than androids."

"Fuck that! You are really important to me! Please don't do that again!" Gavin cried.

Connor blushed. "Did... You spend your time when you should be sleeping... Just to repair me? How did you do that?" he asked, still hugging Gavin.

"I am a pro, Con. And sleep is for losers." Gavin cheered up.

"Gavin, please, get some sleep. I will tell Fowler to get you a day off. And I will get you the money you spent to fix me" Connor said.

"Thanks, Con. And yes, you will have to get the money, I spent loads of it..." Gavin smiled after saying that.

"Wait... Does Hank know what happened?" Connor asked, a more serious look on his face.

Gavin gulped. "Uhm... No... He doesn't... I was afraid he's gonna beat me up, cause... Yeah..."

"Well... You still fixed me and he knows we are friends..." Connor said.

"Yeah..."

"Is it okay if I tell him what happened?" Connor asked.

Gavin hesitated for a moment, but nodded afterwards.

Connor smiled.

Time skip...

Gavin drove off before leaving Connor by Hank's place.

When Connor entered, Hank and Sumo attacked him, well, friendly, not literally.

"Son! Where have you been? Did Gavin do anything to you?!" Hank asked, protectively, and gasped as he saw thirium on his clothes.

"I accompanied Gavin on his case. Then I got shot by a human named Shawn, protecting him."

"You got shot?! Where is the shot wound?! Why did I not know anything?!"

"I was shot in my back. I had shut down, but Gavin replaced my biocomponents, not getting enough sleep. Then I woke up in his bed."

"He... What?" Hank could not believe this.