|2|

I had Isiah tell me all he could about her. I've learned that she is very popular with the men but is protected by them as well.

Like Arthur and John, I am stunned at the idea that a woman could lead a gang. I wouldn't even give the notion another thought if I wasn't so eager to expand.

We arrived at her office which surprisingly didn't seem guarded at all.

" Are you sure it's the right address?" John asked as he and Arthur got out of the car.

" Let's hope so," I said before we headed into the dusty building. It was rustic and empty on the inside.

" Where the fuck is everyone?" John asked.

" Who are you?" A buff-looking man asked us as he approached us from the staircase.

" We're the peaky blinders" Arthur introduced.

" And what are the peaky blinders doing here?"

" We wanted to speak to Selina"

" I guess I can allow that, but only one of you. The rest can wait outside"

" You've got this Tommy," Arthur said as he squeezed my shoulder before he and John went back outside.

" Follow me" the man instructed as he led me through the dusty building. He opened the door to an office that reminded me of my own.

" Is this a joke?" I asked as I looked as the man was leaving.

" You ought not to, she's a feisty one. Wait here" he warned me before he left me alone in the room.

The door burst open and a group of men came in along with a woman. She wasn't that visible due to the many men guarding her. The moment she was visible was the moment I was left breathless.

Her tan skin glowed in the sunlight from the window. Her light green eyes pierced through me as if she was piercing through my very soul. Her unruly curly hair was pulled back in a bun allowing her pretty face to be seen. Her white dress hugged her curves and teased me with her sleeve hanging off her shoulder revealing more of her tan skin. She gave off the air of a seductress and duchess all at once. She was a beauty.

" Mr.Shelby, I presume," She said with her warm accented voice that could tempt any man.

" That's me."

" Hm," she hummed as she walked slowly around the desk and towards me.

" You men can wait outside," she said to the men who stood in each corner of the room. They each gave me a look before they walked out.

" I pictured you differently" she stated honestly as she looked me over.

" Like?"

" I don't know. I've heard the stories" she said as she retreated back to her desk.

" Have you? I'm afraid I haven't heard much of you"

" Well, I'm new to the scene, also a woman. And who in their right mind would be scared of one unless it's their mother, ey?" She said as she lit up a cigarette.

" I'm quite interested in how you've obtained your land and power"

" It was easy really, and I didn't have to fuck anyone for it either"

" Then tell me how did your acquaintance with Alfie Solomon's come to be?"

" You want to know about Alfie? Alfie fucking Solomon's?"

" That's what I asked"

" What could you possibly be interested with him for? Why have you come here?" She asked with a slight chuckle.

" I have wishes to expand, but I'm short on men. Also, there seems to be a war between the Jews and the Italians"

" What does the war have to do with anything?"

" I was hoping to get my foot in the door by allying myself with the Jews"

" Which is where Alfie comes in?"

" Yes"

" I see. Tell me, why should I, Selina Rosell, help you? Convince me"

" I would see to it that you have the peaky blinders as an ally and that you and your gang would be more recognized and respected"

" And how are you supposed to guarantee my protection when you're coming to me for men?"

" Just by affiliating yourself with us gives you more protection and credibility than you'll ever need"

" Interesting. Well, Mr. Shelby looks like you have yourself a deal" She said as she spits in her hand and held it out.

I was shocked at her gesture at first but I eventually spit in my own hand and shook her warm one.

" Pleasure being in business with you"

" Pleasure"

" I will have some men sent to you by tomorrow. If you have any other requests or concerns, feel free to come here. I'll try not to make you wait"