Chapter 9- What's in the bag?

Tyler's pov:

Today was amazing... I pull up a chair and get seated on the balcony leading out from my room. The night is sky is beautiful and it's warm out tonight. I hear Becca fumbling around in her room and I am so tempted to invite her out to join me with some wine but, I am not quite ready to answer questions right now. What do I even say? I have never spoken about Marissa to anyone before. We always tried keeping it silent and out of the public eye, like dad says.

I decide to hell with it and I go and get a drink. I have a massive headache starting and just need to unwind. It's a pity the family question came up, I had a wonderful night planned for the 2 of us though. I open the door and a gift bag drops to the floor. I nearly had a heart attack from the fright I got. 'To apologize for my previous behavior'... hmmm I take a peek inside and find a black baseball cap inside and I can't help but smile. Who wouldn't? I swear she is the sweetest.

As I pour my wine and grab a beer I hear a soft sound coming from Becca's door and I can't stop myself from moving closer to 'eavesdrop' . I lean on the door and I hear her singing softly. It's so angelic. I never knew she could sing. She doesn't strike me as the type. I lean a little closer, pushing my ear against the door as she hits the chorus

" It's you babe.

And I'm a sucker for the way that you move babe.

And I could try to run but it will be useless"

Shit! I forgot I was leaning against the door and it creeks open slightly she stops singing and I quickly rush into the kitchen before she sees me.

"Ty? "

"I'm in here babe" play it cool Tyler before she thinks you a creep. But her voice though. I need to hear more. I was hooked.

" You still up? Thought you said you tired?" she makes her way over and sit on the counter with her legs dangling down.

" Uhm, yeah I couldn't sleep, so I decided to get a night cap" I hold out the actually cap teasingly

" Ha ha, I see you've got jokes this time of the night" she says sarcastically and I can't help but laugh.

I pour her a glass of wine and notice she is sitting and humming the same song she was just singing. I switch the TV on and stream 'Never be the same' I see her eyes light up and she jumps off the counter and grabs me around the waist pulling me to the center of the lounge. I hold her close and our bodies slowly start to move to the beat of the song, as I'd hope she starts singing again and I just close my eyes and enjoy this moment. Standing in the lounge. Swaying side to side. Her head on my resting on my shoulder and her voice in my ears.

*****************************************************************

I am woken up by knocking on my door. Damn it felt like I just put my head down to sleep though what time is it?

"Ty, it's time to get up and get done. It's the last day for Disney" I hear Becca yell from the other side of the door and then scrambles off towards the kitchen I presume. It's been her favorite place in the apartment and she is pretty good at making food. I wonder where she learnt her cooking skills.

" Becca!" I call out to her and she rushes into the room. I pretend to be suffering immensely from stomach ache and as she gets closer to the bed I jump up and grab her by the waist, tossing her onto the bed. She lets out a high pitched scream and I hold my ears. She tries to make a run for it but, she isn't fast enough and we fall back onto the bed laughing.