Chapter 2

A/N, On the side is a picture of Xavier Blake (actor Jared Padalecki

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.'

'Now, for all you mythology lovers out there, we are going to start an assignment on mythology legends and figures' My first period History teacher Mr Clerner announced rubbing his hands together in genuine excitement. The whole class let out a collective groan.

Today was my first day at Darkwright, and I had yet to talk to anyone here, except for Ms. Heldwright. I sat at the very back of the classroom, under a flickering fluorescent light. I didn't plan on talking to anyone here, not until the last day I was here at least. I had finally gotten around to washing my hair last night after I had entered my room. Which I finally found after about 10 minutes of walking around aimlessly. It now fell in loose curls right down to my waist. The feeling of cleanliness refreshed me, after all that time in rehab.

Mr Clerner started to pair people up and I was teamed up with a guy named Xavier. 'Hey' he spoke up after I had moved to the desk he was sitting at, bringing a chair along with me. I nodded towards him in acknowledgment, not bothering to look up from my lap. I heard a constant scratching on the black board, signalling that Mr Clerner was writing something up on the board.

'So I guess' Xavier started, 'we need to focus on one figure in Greek mythological belief and write a report on them. Seems pretty straight forward. So who are we gonna do?' I looked up at him demurely. And I was flabbergasted, Looking away from his astoundingly green eyes, blushing. I had to admit he was perfect. He had sumptuous hair, cut bluntly into bangs at the front, and curling at the nape of his neck at the back, he was amazingly tall and well built, he was probably well over six foot, gosh darn he had the cutest dimples I had ever seen in my life and he had a congenial air to him that made him seem so approachable.

I shook all the lovey-dovey thoughts out of my head quickly. Getting close to someone only led to getting hurt. People think this is not true, but they are human, they're going to slip up, and that's gonna hurt someone someday. The only person you could count on was yourself. Keeping people at a distance was the only way to retain at least a bit of happiness you had in the dreariness of life.

For the rest of the lesson Xavier asked me questions about the assignment, me only mumbling my answers back to him, trying to occupy myself with picking at my cuticles, trying to seem as distant as possible. I tried to keep an aura of coldness around me. I didn't want Xavier to become my friend or anything else. He's just my partner in class, nothing more, I repeated to myself over and over again in my mind.

I ran out of class as soon as the bell rang. Not stealing another look at Xavier. He called out my name as I left, but I tried to ignore it the best I could. I walked straight down the hall, not really knowing where I was going. Shooting a look to my left I saw the glass door connected to the library. An idea hit me. I quickly entered the library and moved towards to where the front desk was situated.

I cleared my throat as I approached the librarian at the desk. She looked up inquiringly, pushing her glasses further up the bridge of her nose. 'Yes dear?' her motherly voice piqued up.

'I wanted to know more about Greek mythology?' I said politely.

It wouldn't hurt to research who Xavier and might work on for our History assignment.  

She gave me a warm smile saying, 'follow me dear' before standing up and shuffling further into the library. I followed her slowly, looking around the library. It seemed very old, the only vaguely modern thing set up here were the three computers sitting near to where I entered.