Sincerely, Blue 》 Weekman

Published: October 31st, 2018

Pairings: Dallon Weekes/Ryan Seaman

Description: Ryan's anonymous pen pal turns to him for help with dealing with unrequited love and insecurities. It turns out to be more than he bargained for when he later feels the same way.

---

Ryan is not a therapist, and he's not planning to become one. He loved to help people, but he doesn't think he's able to help everyone with their problems. It's stressful work, he realized, even when it's just one person.

Ryan has a friend, a friend he doesn't know too well, that turns to him for advice. Ryan's not sure why; he barely knew the guy, so he was unsure why he trusted him this much. But Ryan couldn't exactly turn him away, and he did care.

During the new school year, his high school had implemented a pen pal type of thing. Each student was assigned to somebody, and they were able to write to each other. It was apparently for them to help each other, and not knowing who the other was helped "bring them together". Ryan didn't exactly believe that, but he can't complain.

Ryan's pen pal was a guy, and he was also seventeen, just like himself. That was pretty much all he knew towards his identity. Instead, he knew a lot about his personality, his struggles, even his love life.

His pen pal often ranted to him about a friend of his he had fallen for. The way that he talked about him made Ryan feel odd. He wrote about him so positively, like seeing him smile was enough to make his day. Ryan has never felt that way about someone, so hearing the intimate details about what it's like was interesting to him.

In practically every letter, Ryan tried to help him. At the very least, he told his pen pal to keep his hopes up. From what he's heard, love is a mysterious, unexpected thing.

Sometimes, it takes time.

---

Dear Blue,

I try so hard to get his attention. I'm overlooked so easily in favor of another. I've seen it, so don't try to fix it.

Him and I have this mutual friend. This guy gets all of his attention. Every last drop of it. I want to be mad at him, but I can't. They look good together.

I just always lose, you know? No matter who I like, I always lose, because everyone is better than me. It's the hard truth, but I'm getting closer and closer to accepting it.

Enough about me, though. What's up with you, Blue? Get my mind off this.

Sincerely, Giraffe

---

Dear Giraffe,

Things are okay with me. I just hate school more than usual.

I know you want me to change the subject, but I can't. I just want you to know that even if he doesn't like you, that doesn't mean nobody will. Prince Charming will sweep you off your feet one day. For now, Prince Blue will have to suffice.

I think you're great, and he's really missing out. You seem so funny and kind. I'd love to meet you one day, if I'm not sounding too bold.