twenty-the ceremony

Narrator:

23rd December.

Exactly 363 days after Frank proposed. The wedding of the year was being held in the snowy park outside their home.
Y/N's parents had travelled from England to attend their only child's wedding. Frank's family had travelled to attend their son's wedding.
The couple's many friends sat along the second, third and fourth rows of seats.
Y/N wore a white dres,  v-neck on the front and back, with a long train. Y/N's mother gave them the string of pearls she wore at her own wedding. Frank's mother gave them the corsage she wore at her own wedding.
Frank wore a traditional black suit with a red bow tie. Y/N's father gave him that bow tie. Frank's father gave him a red carnation to wear.

They looked incredible-everyone said so.

"Y/N. Do you take Frank Anthony Iero to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do."
"Frank, do you take Y/F/N to be y-"
"I do."
Their families and friends laughed at that. How eager he was.
"You may kiss."

And they did.

He kissed them with so much passion. Their mutual joy radiated throughout the park. Everybody was frozen half to death in the white snow, including the two of them. But the warmth on their faces could have melted the coldest ice.

The reception was held at a nearby town hall. The red, intimate lighting went in sync with their happiness to create a mood which would be impossible to achieve again. Their first dance was to 'Wherever You Will Go' by The Calling. They both loved that song. It would have been impossible for them to dance any closer. Gradually, loved-up couples joined in. The atmosphere it created was enough to make anyone cry. The sheer beauty of it, though, was that you could see the love in the eyes of each person in the room. There was romantic love, family love, and platonic love. The point of the evening was that everyone loved, or was in love. And to be in love, Frank said, has changed his perspective on everything. Because to love, is to find that person in everything you say, everything you do, everything you feel.
Their wedding cake was a gigantic brownie, showing remembrance of the day they shared those snacks in the tour van.
They both thought it was stupid to start with, then they realised how little things like that meant the most.

Y/N's pov:

The tiredness overtook my body as I danced to 'Puppy Love' with Frank. I looked across the hall and Pete was gesturing me to go over to him.
"I'll be back in a minute, husband." I smiled and dragged myself over to Pete.
"Congratulations, Y/N. I'm happy for you."
"Thanks, Pete. it means a lot."
"By the way, I read that letter you wrote us the day you met me."
I suppressed a gasp and nodded.
"That still stands." I nodded and hugged Pete.
"Thanks."

------------------

Narrator:

Everyone was tired-nobody denied that. But not a soul wanted the night to end.
The newlyweds walked outside in the freshly-fallen snow, making their way to a white car which would lead them straight to the airport. They would then get on a plane leading straight to their honeymoon destination...

England.

a/n: and that's the story!

I can't tell you all how much it means that you all read this book. originally, it was just a book for me to work on when I was bored.

it became so much more than that.

thank you for the support.

there will be a sequel.

I won't say when, because I don't know.

I have plenty of ideas.

once again, the support I have gained from you all is overwhelming, and I love you with all of my person.

peace out for the last time in this book!

-xo beth ❤💔