Dāku Uchiha Tames A Fox!

|8|

One Year Later

I yawned as I walked through my house. The sound of my stomach overcame my sleep and forced me to search for food. My fridge was empty since I forgot to grab groceries despite me having to walk past the store one my way home.

"I swear, I'm going to starve myself."

I sighed and scrambled in the dark when my hand hit something. I felt for the light switch while holding onto the foreign object. Light filled the room, giving me the perfect view of the object. It was a old picture of Team Minato.

So much had happened since Rin's death and Obito's disappearance. Kakashi had ran into depression and joined the Anbu, using his Sharingan to its best ability.

Minato had become Hokage and the Third Shinobi World War ended with Konoha the victors. So many heirs were born including Sasuke Uchiha, son of the clan leader, Fugaku Uchiha.

"I miss you all so much."

I whispered under my breath, rubbing the picture. A tingling feeling ran down my cheek and my eyes burned slightly. I rubbed my eyes, wiping the tears from them. It hurt to think about them but it was better than drowning the feelings out through missions or revenge.

I leaned against the wall and slid to the floor, placing the picture face down on the dresser. Last thing I need is bad memories at night. That would only lead to nightmares and anxiety.

"Funny. I'm not even hungry anymore."

I chuckled dryly and forced myself up. It wouldn't do me any good to sit and mope all night. I'd rather lay in my bed and sleep my grief away. For some reason no matter much time you can get, it still hurts the same.

I was so deep in my thoughts I didn't realize I had walked out the house. The cold air caused me to shiver but pulled me back into reality. I looked up toward the Hokage Monument when a strong burst of wind went through the village.

Shielding my eyes, everything was pitch black as all I could hear was a large explosion and a sickening roar. I looked up in surprise and fear to see the ancient nine tailed fox standing proudly.

It roar and swung its tail, destroying some buildings and causing panic. My eyes hardened and I jumped onto my roof, using my shadow to deflect one of the boulders flying my way.

Now wasn't a time to be destructed by emotion and wandering thoughts. The village was under attack and it was my duty to defend it with my life. I summoned one of my scrolls I swore to use for extreme emergencies and jumped toward the fox.

Swinging the scroll open, I bite my thumb and wiped the blood across the paper. My body was covered in smoke and my shadows merged with my skin and began expanding.

'Shadow Transformation: Demon Dog!'

The ground tumbled and shook beneath me as my transformed state dropped onto the ground. I released a growl and my Sharingan spun slowly. Thanks to my clan's eyes, I could see that the fox was being control by an Uchiha.

It was most likely Madara as he was the only one known to control the fox. But then again, Obito was working with Madara so perhaps... I shook my head to clear the thoughts. The most important thing was to get the Nine Tails out the village.

It roared upon seeing my transformation and lunges at me. Its teeth sank into my shoulder but it gave me enough of an opening to move it. Squatting as low as I could with damaging any buildings, I grappled onto the fox and launched us into the air.

One hand held his neck as the other kept most of its tails in a chokehold. We slammed into the ground behind the monument and separated, the fox tumbling into the mountainside.

"Now, I can let loose! Let's see if we can get you out of that trance."

I dash toward the fox, using everything in my power to slam into it. It noticed me coming and used its tails to knock me to the side. This body was my trump card but despite its power it was slow.

'Demon Style: Shadow Chains!'

I extended my arms as black chains flew from them and flew around the fox. Closing my claws into fist, the chains tightened around the fox. It stumbled and fell on its back, unable to move.

That's when I saw its Sharingan fade and it start to shrink. The fox used it decrease in size to slam its hand into the ground and fired one of its beast balls at me.

The heat and chakra from it was unexpected. It was so heavy and dark, it caused me to drop to my knee. The killer intent increase as the jutsu closed in on me.

It was my first time ever experiencing something so evil. My vision blurred and I used my arms to shield myself. The ball hit me spot on and erupted into fire and light.

My body was lifted off the ground instantly and launched back, flying through trees. I slid to a halt and forced myself up, trying to prepare for another attack.

My arm was missing, leaking mist and half of my face was gone. I scanned the area but the fox was gone. How does a fox taller that a mountain even when half it's size, just disappear?

I started walk toward where its last position was but the strain on my body took over. My transformation faded out and left me falling toward the ground. I couldn't move. My body was so stiff and drain of chakra, I was going to die.

I looked at the sky as I fell and smiled. My tears floating above me and I closed in on the earth below.

'Mom. Dad. We're finally going to be a family again.'

My vision began fading. The area around me got darker while my body felt lighter. A faint image of my parents appeared in front of me. They placed their hands on my chest and smiled.

"It's too soon for you, son. You still have a purpose to complete. Protect the fox child. He will be the key."

I looked at my parents with wide eyes. I had never realized that I had forgotten what they looked like. There were no pictures in the house and every night their faces got blurred out more and more.

What did they mean my purpose? What fox child? There were so many questions and not enough time to answer them. But my first question was how come I haven't hit the ground yet.

Forcing my eyes open, I looked to see myself being held my the Third Hokage, Hiruzen. He had a sadden look on his face which only worsened when he saw I was awake.

"I have some bad news, Dāku."