Dāku Uchiha Gets A Family!

|9|

Too many things were happening. Minato and Kushina were killed by the fox. Their son born moments before. Minato sealed the half of the fox inside Naruto. My parents' message finally making sense.

I looked at the child cradled in my arms with sadness. His life is going to be so difficult. I at least had parents for the younger years of my life but this baby didn't have anyone.

Add that to the fact the the strongest of the tailed beast is sealed inside him and its recent attack. He'll be a target for mourning villagers and shinobi. I rubbed my thumb across his face as he cooed and grabbed onto my finger.

"What's his name?"

"Naruto... Naruto Uzumaki."

I looked up at the Hokage with disappointment but understanding. His father wasn't the most love person in the shinobi world. He had lots of enemies and they could attack Naruto as revenge.

But that wouldn't happen. I would protect my sensei's child along with Kakashi, wherever he may be. That's when a small pillar of smoke erupted in the room before Kakashi took its place. His eyes were red from crying and he looked worn out.

"Kakashi, this is Naruto. Minato-sensei's son. Jinchuuriki of the Nine Tails. We have to protect him."

Kakashi nodded and sat next to me. He poked Naruto's nose making the baby gurgle in delight. I smiled softly and leaned against Kakashi, still feeling the effect from the battle.

He placed a hand on my back for support and helped me up. Hiruzen held his mouth to keep from laughing as Kakashi helped me out the office. I bet we looked like a married couple. If only.

~•~

2 years later

"Naruto, come here! You need to take a bath!"

"No!"

Little Naruto ran down the hallway, his tiny butt bouncing with every waddle. I sighed in annoyance and started following him. This child did this every time it was time for him to bathe. I don't remember being this dirty when I was younger but then again this isn't my son.

As I marched down the hallway looking for the brat, I found my parents room door open. My eyes softened and I opened it up to find Naruto staring at a picture of my parents. I sighed and picked Naruto up.

"Papa..."

I smiled softly and walked back toward the bathroom. Placing him in the tub, I let him play in the bubbles. He always seemed drawn to that room for some reason. I'd find him sitting in front of the picture, talking as if someone was there listening.

A knock on the door woke me out of my thoughts. I glanced at Naruto who seemed to be eyeing me. Waiting for me to leave so he could destroy the bathroom again. I smirked and summoned a shadow clone.

Naruto pouted before a bubble popped in his face, distracting him once again. I chuckled and walked toward the door. It was mostly likely Kakashi stopping by with some food and toys. He would come every week with something new.

Opening the door, Kakashi smiled at me and walked inside. He headed straight for the couch, as always. And pulled out his favorite book, as always. I scuffed and sat across from him, grabbing my sword to sharpen it.