🕊
YOUR POV.

Looked and looked, that's what I did but to no avail. What the hell. I let out a soft huff before spotting a hint of that dark brown hair. Ximen. I jogged up to the male figure, tapping his shoulder lightly. Once his face was revealed, I sighed in relief. "Ximen, I want to ask you something."

The bell rang, I got up from the seat I had been in for the past hour and a half. I sighed in relief, closing up my textbook and taking the bag from the empty space next to me and throwing it over my shoulder with a heavy thump. As I left the classroom, the memories of what Ximen had told me circled through my head once again. One moment he's calm and collected... sometimes almost cold and distant. Another he's talkative and actually quite flirtatious. I can't read him at all. Huaze Lei.. what kind of person are you? A small pout started at my rosy lips at every single thought that crossed my mind, those contradicting thoughts predominating.

On my way out of the university's doors, I managed to spot that exact same person that had been causing me all of those troubling and painfully contradicting thoughts. "Hey.. Lei! Wait!" I jogged, making my way over to him. With a blank expression, Lei turned around and hummed at my sudden appearance.
"I've been trying to find you.."
"Why?"
"I— uhm.. because... spring break is coming!"
"It just did. And?"  Lei raised an eyebrow at my stuttering sentences.
"Right, you're right. It.. did just start. Anyways, why don't you show me around Shanghai? I'm not exactly what you'd call 'familiar' with it." I quickly came with a type of excuse, though, it was true in a way. I didn't know much of China, especially the city where I was. So, it probably wasn't that much of an excuse or lie.

A trace of a smile, or smirk, possibly even a grin stretched across those pale rosy lips of his at my last request. "I would, but I have plans for spring break." He spoke, making me a little speechless. "Uhm.. okay."
"But if you want to come, you can. We're going to Daoming Si's beach house tomorrow at noon."
"Oh? And you're inviting me? It's his house and I don't think... he wants me to be there." I trailed off a little bit, remembering all of the bickering Daoming Si and I had the few times we were together. "And? It's going to be fun. Besides, you're new to China. Might as well explore the beach first."
And with that, the mysteriously stoic yet soft boy turned around and walked away from me. Once again leaving me confused and without any words at all.

BACK AT KANG Y/N'S HOME.

         I jogged up the staircase that led from the entry to the second floor, where my room was located. I threw myself down on the bed, my bag flying across my room. A sigh left my lips, still unsure if I should go to the beach with them; I wanted to, but something told me not to. Maybe it was because it was Daoming Si's place, if it was Ximen's or even Lei's it wouldn't be as bad. A soft set of knocks snapped me out of my thoughts, my eyes trailed to the door. "Come in!"
"안녕."
"안녕 엄마..."
"y/n.. 다 괜찮아?"
I sighed, nodding my head at her question. "Yes, everything's fine. I promise, I'm just thinking about something?"

          "Is it a boy you like?" My mother, Eunji, asked with a raised eyebrow full of curiosity. "Uh.. no. Don't get like that now." I bit the inside of my cheek as a soft blush rose on my face. I shook my head in an attempt to stop blushing. "I got invited to a beach house for spring break. I'm just not sure if I should go.." once again, another sigh left my slightly parted lips as my mind was still stuck on what I should do.
"I'm glad you asked me for help, you're terribly indecisive." Mother laughed, before continuing. "You should go. It's your first time going out with friends in this city, even if it's not exactly showing you around the streets, it's still nice to know what the beach here is like. Besides, spending time with your new acquired friends is important."

I gave the possibilities another thought before deciding that my mother was probably right. I've spent a lot of time with F4 during the school year so far, so I don't think it would be too weird for me to go to one of their beach houses, even if it was Si's. As long as I spent more time with Lei, or even Xumin and Meizou, it would be fine. I just don't want to cause trouble with Daoming Si, he gets fired up fairly quickly.

           The next morning I spent my time packing for a few days at the beach. After I was finished, I decided to give Lei a call to tell him I was going, thought it was probably terrible timing. I mean, I'm telling him I'm going on the day they're supposed to be leaving.
The phone rang a few times before I heard a gentle voice on the other line.

"Hello, y/n."
"Ah! Lei, I called to tell you I'm going on the trip with you guys today, I even packed my bags and everything this morning!"
"You're late."
"H-huh? What do you mean?"
"We're already on our way there, in fact, we're about to arrive."
"WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS?"
I heard a small laugh coming from the phone, which made me even more confused.
"No, dummy. I told you it was at noon, didn't I?"
"YOU'RE the dummy here."
"Oh? Is that so? Do explain." I could just feel his grin from the other line, I knew he was extremely amused by my undeniable dumbass energy. I just huffed at him, "Whatever. Where do you want me to meet you guys anyways?"
"We'll pick you up, don't worry."

          I nodded to myself before responding to him. "Okay, I'll be outside my door at exactly 12:00 so you'll see me and know you're not pulling up to some random old couple's house." Again, I heard a faint laugh come from Lei. "Alright. I'll see you at exactly 12:00, not at an old couple's house."

🕊
omg can you believe that i actually updated!
Today was my last day of school so that means i'll have much more free time to write chapters. I really have to thank you all for the continuous support on this book even though my absences have been EXTREMELY long, and i'm really sorry for that. This school year was hard for me, mentally. But now that summer is officially here for me, it's most likely to get better. But here is the long awaited chapter 4!! I hope you enjoy it, it's quite long and sorry for leaving it there, i just wanted to publish this so you guys don't think i'm dead or something. the next chapter will have all of them at the beach house <3
i love you