YOUR POV. 🕊

            It had been about two hours since we had started our way to the beach house, if you count in when we stopped for lunch, snacks, and drinks. I was really enjoying the scenery around me, and I took a lot of photos of me together with some of the guys and Shancai. After a few more minutes of the bright sun, music and air conditioning, I drifted off to the realm of dreams and nightmares. I hadn't realized how long I had slept until I felt a soft tap on my shoulder, looking up to find the excited face of Shancai. "Wake up, y/n! We're here, you have to see it!"
I blinked a few times, trying to adjust to the sunlight before sitting up and looking out of the car's windows. A bright smile spread across my lips at the sight; the beautiful sand and the water sparkling with the reflection of the sunlight on it. "Wow it's beautiful!!" I started to giggle like a little girl and hugged my pillow tightly.

            "Come on, y/n! Let's go outside and feel the breeze!" Shancai took hold of my hand and dragged me out of the car. I smiled and laughed along with her, it was actually slightly unusual for her to be seen like this since she had her guard up most of the time; thought it was nice seeing her smiling and having a nice time. I love it when my friends are happy. I opened the car door and stepped out, my phone in hand as i ran to the edge where the water would come into contact with my skin, getting my feet wet as the waves washed up and down the beige sand.
I brought my phone camera up, pointing it outwards and snapping a few photos of the landscape before me; the gentle reflection of the sunset on the moving waves, making the water sparkle like champagne. I smiled, looking at the photos before turning my back to the way to take a photo of me with that scenery in the background.

          As i looked through my photos, deleting the ones that didn't turn out so good and cropping a few here and there, i felt a presence in front of me and looked up to find Lei there. His expression was the same as always, though his gaze wasn't cold like before, it had a more soft feeling. "You like photography?" I nodded my head, a small smile playing at my lips. "Let me take a photo of you with the ocean's sunset in the background. I think it'll look even better if you're not holding your phone and taking a photo of yourself. It gives more feeling.." Lei held out his hand for me to put my phone in, and I did, in awe from what he said.
I walked backwards a little, posing and smiling at the camera. As I did so, Lei positioned the camera and took several photos as I posed in different ways. I could see his face and his eyes were so gentle, like a polar bear. Still no specific expression such as smiling, but his eyes were so warm and delicate.

After a few more photos, he stood up from his kneeling position and I smiled at him and took my phone back. "Thank you, Lei. These look really pretty!" I giggled to myself as I scrolled through the collection of photos he had just taken. One caught my attention, it was a photo of himself; he'd taken it while I was posing. His face was calm, the same as the one I just saw. Though before I could mention it to him, he was already turned around and walking inside. I could feel his urge to laugh, he was probably holding back a pretty big smile.

"Come on, guys! let's get everything ready and set up so we can eat something!" Ximen called out for us, Lei and I took a quick glance at each other before running to the car and helping out with unpacking some things.

Time Skip —> Night Time!

All of us had ate a few minutes ago, it was delicious. We had some barbecue and some grilled shrimp along with some vegetables and rice, I was sure that everyone had full bellies. I walked down the hallway and to the front door, before noticing that someone else was out there. Lei. I took a small breath before stepping outside onto the porch and sitting beside him on the bench, the dark blue almost black ocean waves glistening thanks to the moon. It's truly a beautiful sight, the moon shining her rays of night onto the dark water with seemingly no end, it's sort of calming.

"I thought you'd be hanging with Shancai or something. What are you doing out here?" His soft yet almost emotionless voice rang through the atmosphere, it wasn't loud. It was gentle, it was welcoming but almost as if he was afraid to show it. "Well, after eating and taking a shower, she passed out on her bed, aha. I like watching the beach at night, so I decided coming out here to watch the waves under the moonlight."
"I like watching the beach at night, too." I wasn't even looking at him but I knew he had the smallest trace of a smile on his lips.
"It's beautiful, isn't it?" I hugged my legs and just stared out into the scenery, all of it being tinted dark blue with the cooling breeze.

"It's better if you walk in the beach at night." Lei stood up, which made me look up at him.
"So let's go walk, y/n."

ー 🕊
WHOA CAN YOU GUYS FREAKING BELIEVE IT?? AN UPDATE!!
I'm so incredibly sorry for not writing and publishing this sooner, high school is kicking my ass and i just don't feel normal at all. i don't know what to do, i feel almost nothing sometimes, any thoughts or suggestions? i'd appreciate it. but anyways, this isn't about me, it's about the book!! thank you guys SO much for all of the continuous support on this book despite the absence for so long!! i really can't believe it, it makes me smile to think that people really do enjoy reading this. I'll try my best to get better so i can have more motivation to continue this story for you guys.

THANK YOU!