Part VI

It’s my wedding day! And I can’t tell you how happy I am to have Corey here. I was currently in the dressing room with my bridesmaids. Riley was my maid of honor and my bridesmaids are Maya and Morgan. While Devon was getting ready with his party. Josh was his best man and his groomsmen are Eric and Shawn. There was a knock on the door and my mom came in.

“Oh, Jessica, you look beautiful,” she said coming to hug me. I was in my dress (pic above) and had my hair curled and all to one side.

“Thanks, mom,” I said.

“Your father's ready to see you,” she said.

“Oh ok,” I said, my mom took my hand and lead me to the hallway where my dad was standing. His back was to me and mom. I looked at my mom and she motioned for me to go and see him. I walked over to my dad and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and gasped as tears started to form in his eyes.

“You look so beautiful sweetheart,” he said crying.

“Awe daddy, don’t cry,” I said and hugged him.

Dad ended the hug and we sat down on the couch in the hall with mom.

“When Josh got married to Maya, what was so hard on your father and I. The last son we had to give away. So we thought we would be a little more prepared this time,” mom said.

“But nothing can prepare you for giving away your last child. Especially when it's your daughter and even more so when you daughters as amazing and caring and sweet as you Miss Jessica Grace,” dad said wrapping his arms around me and kissed my head.

“I love you guys,” I said holding my tears in to save my makeup.

“Auntie Jess,” Riley said coming around the corner, “It’s time.”

I nodded then hugged my mom again before Riley took her to her seat.

“Ready Dad,” I asked wiping his tears with my thumb.

He held his arm out for me to take and lead me down the hall to the doors.

The End