Twins

"He's our what?"

"My what?"

"Are you sure?"

"This is like one in a million chance,"

"Shush!" Veronica waved everyone to be quiet as she gathered Rachel and Luis to their quarters after telling them the news of a possible lost sibling.

"You said that I had a twin yes, but you also said it was a still born, dead," Rachel pointed at Marco unamused as she sat on the couch.

"Who happens to now be a rabid," Luis raised an eye brow.

"Well not like we can get full answer, lance said his mother died too, same time we found out mom died," Veronica sighed putting a hand on her forehead.

"So she's really dead?" Rachel frowned, they nodded.

"So now what? We welcome this guy with open arms?" She sighed leaning back.

"No, Lance doesn't see the underworld as a sanctuary, he's afraid and he's grieving, but was willing to give himself up for his people... he happens to be a general of a clan from above," Veronica smiled a little crossing her arms.

"Wait for real?" Luis looked at her wide eyes.

"He's skilled, but he was the rabid captured first before less than a year ago, we killed his fiancé he says," she nodded looking down.

"Oh So he hates us," Rachel snorted shaking her head.

"I always wanted to go above but with this, this war, those things out there, is it safe?" She looked up at her older siblings sadly.

"That's what we need lance for," Veronica sighed.

"We should help him," Rachel stood up.

"What?" Marco looked at her crazy.

"If he is our family, he's being tortured like you said, and he won't want to stay down here to live like us, we should help him escape," she said determined. "And his friends,"

"Rachel that's suicide," Luis put a hand on her shoulder.

"So we let him die? Keep him trapped? He has family like us, you said he knows Shiro meaning he's alive and probably so is katie, Matt and Keith, and if they're alive then the outside is fine," she explained concerned deeply.

"What if this kid isn't like us? What if lance is acting for our pity? We get him up there they could turn on us and kill us," Luis frowned at her.

"Then I'm going to talk to him, plus... he knew my real dad, I'm finding out more," Rachel glared and went for the door but Marco grabbed her quickly.

"Lance said his father- your father was slaughtered, Rachel he's dead," Marco told her softly as Luis bit his lip guilty.

"I still have a half sister don't I?" She asked quietly looking at him and walked out the door.

——

Lance looked at the mirror as he stood in front of it wrapped his ripped sleeve around the wound on his arm. He looked at himself seeing the dirt and blood and sweat against his face as he was just dirty, with barely a shirt to cover him.

He gasped hearing the door open as he thought he'd see iverson there to take him back but instead saw a girl his age with long brown hair, same tan skin as him with blue eyes.

"Hi, I'm Rachel," she cracked open a bottle of water and set it on the table. "Veronica and Marco told me... lance..."

"What's that for?" He rasped looking at the bottle.

"Heard past week or so has been hell, still need water to keep living," Rachel sat down on his side of the table as lance grunted sitting down in the other chair.

"What do you want?" Lance looked at her with an unamused look.

"Well since it seems we shared a womb for nine months, call it catching up," she shrugged sliding the water to him and lance caught it with a frown. He sighed and gave in as he began drinking the water with a small pathetic whimper escaping his lips feeling the cool liquid sooth his throat.

"I got a second one in case," Rachel smiled at him as lance gasped after going a long time without breathing.

"Fuck," lance breathed as he poured some water on his hands to clean them off and ran both of his hands through his hair.

"So I have a twin?" He raised an eye brow at Rachel.

"I thought you where dead," Rachel shrugged.

"I didn't know you existed," he frowned.

"So that means we share the same father..." she bit her bottom lip.

"Alfor, we have an older sister too, Allura, by three years," Lance nodded.

"Can I asked what happened to him?" Rachel asked.

"There was battle, my first one, I was by his side when he died, I watched," Lance gulped softly. She deserved to know.

"Wow... a battle huh?" Rachel laughed a little looking down. "Mind if I ask about Allura?"

Lance paused as he thought to himself, was he sure he'd tell her about his family? He looked up at her eye brow and notice how she shared that same scar...

"I never had a face for a mother, when I think of one I think of her, she's an amazing leader..." lance sighed. "I miss her,"

"Luis thinks I'm crazy, but I want to make this right and help you guys get out of here, I never felt like I belonged," Rachel gulped.

"All of us?" Lance glared.

"Yes," Rachel nodded.

"But how?" He whispered.

"They throw the warm corpses in the pit, where the savages are, I'm training to be a soldier, I've watched them throw bodies in there to keep those things at ease," Rachel told him quietly.

"So?"

"They're on leashes, we get through there your out, the ladder is the exit," she smirked and lance looked at her wide eyes.

"And if your bluffing?" He glared a little.

"Well then jokes on me, I'm never getting out of this hell hole then," Rachel rolled her eyes and Lance smirked back a little.

"We go one by one, the empire all are more muscular and savage, we leave them, everyone else we get," Lance nodded.

"And I'm killing iverson on the way out,"

"Your joking right?"

"Oh my god your not joking,"