Chapter 2 : The Mall

After the interview with Ms-I-decide-your-fate, I was too anxious to go back home.

"Dad, can we go to the mall for some ice cream and shopping?" I asked, even though I kind of knew dad would never deny me of ice cream.

"Sure sweetie. To the mall we go." he replied enthusiastically.

We arrived the mall half an hour later. We got a parking on the ground floor easily as it was a weekday and it was only afternoon. We got out of the car and dad locked it behind us. I noted the car parking area number so that we don't  forget where we parked our car.

I have always loved coming to the mall. I mean, what's not to like!? The shops, the clothes, the food, the candy, the arcade, the escalators and everything there amazes me like I am in wonderland. We head towards the ice cream shop in the food court. I order our usual - chocolate for dad, raspberry for mom and vanilla with rainbow sprinkles and chocolate syrup for me. I know it sounds childish, but trust me it tastes like heaven.

"So, my ladies, what's the plan? Which shop to hit first?" dad asked while finishing his ice cream.

"Since the school has a uniform, we don't need to buy designer clothes for Athena. But I was thinking of buying night pajamas, sweatpants, t-shirts and some casuals for her to wear when she is in the dorms. And some toiletries or make up maybe. Do you want something else sweetie?" mom said.

" Just add some shoes and a new bag pack to the list and we are good. I was thinking of getting my hair colored with Gina, if you don't mind. I mean, plain brown is so boring. I was thinking mahogany with caramel highlights maybe." I replied.

"What is wrong with brown? I have brown hair and they look good. I take offence to this." mom argued.

" They suit you because you are old, mom. I am young and I am not going to settle for good. I want fabulous hair. New school, new look." I exclaimed.

My mother and I shopped for three hours straight while dad spent most of his time in the arcade, playing games or on his tablet, checking his mails and working. After several changing room selfies and walking non-stop, I was tired and my feet were aching due to the heels. Worst of all, I was hungry again. Hungry and tired are the worst combination and bring out an ugly, mean side to me. Thankfully my mother knows this and suggested that we go to our favourite pizzeria for a deep dish pizza.

After meeting my dad, who was busy giving instructions on the phone to his assistant Vanessa. Vanessa was one of the best PA my dad had hired. The other ones would always be all over him for all the wrong reasons which irritated him as much as it did to my mom and I. We got in the car and waited for him to finish the call.

On the way to the pizzeria I texted Gina to book an appointment with her hair stylist. Gina is actually the daughter of my dad's boss. Her father, Dr. Michel Roberts, was the founder and majority share holder of Live Long Biocorp. My father was one of the Presidents in the Research and Development department. It was actually Mr. Roberts who suggested that I apply to Goodwill Academy.

After getting a conformation text from her I decided to nap for the rest of the car ride.

"Sweetie, wake up. we have reached the pizzeria." said my mom while waking me up.

The heavenly scent of herbs, baked bread and cheese filled my nostrils waking me up to all my senses. We found a table for four and sat down while mom decided what she wanted to order from the menu. Dad ordered his usual pepperoni and basil with extra cheese and I ordered classic deep dish without toppings. Ultimately mom gave up and decided to share our pizza because as hungry as we were, we couldn't finish one pizza by ourselves.

I hate waiting for something

I hate waiting for something. The feeling is worse when I am hungry and I have to wait for food. Thankfully they had lemonade which I can sip on while I wait.

I took out my cell phone to look at all the pictures I took today and upload some on Instagram. I would have almost missed it if I hadn't zoomed in to get a better look at my face. A boy, around sixteen years old, with blond hair and tan skin, was staring at me. He had a weird look on his face with intense blue eyes.

I checked my other pictures to see if he was there in them. He sure was; with the same weird look. He was there in Forever 21 and even outside the perfume store. Was he following me or was it just coincidence? Maybe its just my food deprived brain that is over thinking.

Our pizzas came and I started to devour my slice. It was as tasty as ever. But somewhere in the back of my mind I couldn't stop thinking about the nameless mystery boy with blue eyes. The thought kept being repeated in my mind - Who was he and what did he want?

___________

Hello my lovely readers!

Short chapter. I know.

Soooo... what do yoy think of the mystery boy? Do tell me in the coments.

Don't forget to vote if you like the story.