7. missing him

Astrid POV

It's been a two months since Hiccup was killed. Chief Stoik had locked himself up in his house for a month and Gobber had taken over his chiefing duties. After that month Gobber had had enough and forced the chief to come out. I was shocked when I saw him. I've been told that the chief was a fun man before his wife had been taken away. After she had been taken away he had come over his depression because he had to care for Hiccup, but now... The already weak sparkle of live in his eyes was completely gone, he walked with his head down low instead of high in the air and he just mumbled a bit if someone asked him a question. It was a horrible thing to see. 

The only time you could see more life in him was during a dragon raid. Whenever those happened he would become a mass murdering viking, killing all dragons in his sight and stop at nothing. He blamed them for the death of his son. He blamed himself for not being there to protect him.

And I... I don't know. When I found the cove where he was killed the blood was nearly dry. That meant that the blood was spilled a few hours ago, so I definitely couldn't be in time to save him. I still feel guilty though. Not noticing he was gone earlier. But nothing you can do about it, am I right?

No, no i'm not. We could have been here when it happened and we could have saved him, we could have noticed he didn't go home, but all we did was party, party and party. The most horrible part is that the feast was for Hiccup himself!

Could, could, could, but we didn't. This is so frustrating! If Hiccup was here he would have said some wise thing about not being able to change the past and to live with it. Not that much people would notice. They were to busy with thinking he was useless and couldn't do anything right. Now that I think about it, I don't think anyone really listened to him except for Gobber. The villagers only gave him disapproving looks and walked on as if he didn't just talk to them.

That all changed when he scored high in dragon training. The people began to talk more to Hiccup and start the conversations themselves. Hiccup seemed to appreciate it but at the same time it looked like he didn't. I wonder why? I mean, I would like to finally have attention if I was him. Who wouldn't actually?

But back to the present. The village seemed lifeless without hiccup blowing something up or setting a house on fire. We still had the twins and their destruction but it isn't quite the same. Snotlout and the twins also had no one to tease and the villagers had nothing to look out for.

We missed Hiccup. Even though no one would actually admit it, they missed his clumsiness and his sarcastic remarks. They missed all the inventions that failed and the ones that succeeded, which where not very much. We all missed him badly. I missed him. I missed his awkwardness and his talent of learning fast. I could say I missed him from the tips of his toes to the tips of his lockes.

Wait, what am I saying? I don't like him that much do I? No of course not, how could the great Astrid Hofferson the fearless like Hiccup the useless? There was just no way.

Time skip to when the vikings return from the fight with the red death

I stood at the docks waiting for the ships to arrive from their attempt to destroy the dragons nest. Seeing they returned with only one ship that didn't happen. I was therefore surprised to hear that they had actually did it, even more when I heard a Night fury helped them with killing the queen of the nest.

It was a shame that the couldn't find the black dragon afterwards. Otherwise the could have avenged Hiccup by killing it.

Just wait for it dragon. Just wait until I get you in my hands. Be warned, I won't be very nice...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I know this isn't one of the best chapters here ( ok, it's crap) but I just needed to post something. I have a test week and can't really update. Another problem is that I don't have that many ideas. I think I could make a few chapter but I would like to hear what you want and think about fitting it in the story. 

Leave a comment on what you think and if you have any ideas. As for now

~🦇dragon out~