Chapter Nineteen

London's POV

As I was consoling Aija I noticed that the men hurriedly headed towards the exit and before we could call out their names they had already exited the hospital.

"Let them go, while they handle business we'll stay here for Ava." JJ's aunt Mia stated while standing up.

I scanned the room taking notice of who was in the waiting room with us. There was: Mel and Mia, JJ's aunts, and his two cousins; Taylor and Kimberly. "Why is she here?" Kimberly asked while pointing at me.

"Girl don't-" Taylor began speaking before I cut her off, "I'm here because my boyfriend's sister is in the hospital so I'm here to support him and his family. That's why I'm here."

"Now's not the time for that right now. Kimberly, mind your damn business." Aija spoke up for the first time since the guys have left.

We sat in silence until a doctor walked into the waiting room.

"Is there family for Ava Daniel?" He questioned glancing at the file in his hand.

We stood and headed in his direction quickly.

"I'm her mother, is my daughter alright doc?" Aija asked.

He sighed, "She was in surgery for longer than we anticipated however we wanted to be extra careful with the medication we provided her. She's a fighter, your daughter, she's going to make a full recovery. She has a concussion, a broken leg, a sprained wrist, and there was also internal bleeding however we took care of that during her surgery."

"Can we see her?" Mel asked quietly.

"Yes ma'am you can, I would advise you guys to keep the meeting brief as she needs as much rest as possible. Also, with the medication that she is on she will be very drowsy so just keep that in mind." After speaking he nodded his head, pointed us in the direction of Ava's room and then he proceeded down the long quiet hallway.

"Let's go." Aija spoke while headed in the direction that the doctor pointed out.

When arriving to the door, we all scrambled inside quietly and closed the door behind us.

My heart clenched when I took in Ava's state as she laid sleeping in the hospital bed. She had her right leg suspended while in a cast and a cast around her left wrist, along with those injuries were bruises scattered on her body that is visible to us. She sported a black eye, a bruised lip, and bruises along her face also.

Aija began crying once taking in the state of her daughter. Mia and Mel hurriedly ran to her and whispered in her ear trying to calm her down. Once she was calm, Mel pulled a chair to the left side of the hospital bed and ushered Aija to sit down in the chair.

Taylor came in the room and shut the door quietly, "I informed daddy and the guys. They're on their way back now."

"Thank you sweetie." Mel spoke.

"Who would do this to her?" Kimberly asked while resting her hand against the railing of the bed.

"A dead man that's who," Aija stared at Ava's face, "I can't believe I wasn't there for my baby. All of this time that we've spent not talking because of foolishness. She's so damn stubborn just like Jayceon. It's crazy how she has his traits when he isn't her biological dad," she shook her head, "We missed her birthday because she wouldn't respond to any of us so we thought that we should just give her some room to cool down and that she'll come around eventually."

Aija sighed, "Obviously that hasn't happened yet. Besides the behavior that she's been behaving lately, Ava is a sweet girl who would want to harm my baby, she's harmless."