↠ The feast

I woke up very early that morning. I stood up, put on a tunic and a cloak and took my weapons. I walked outside while going with my hand through my hair.

I walked through the streets and stopped when I heard the noise of a fight. I quickened my pass and ran around to corner to see what was happening.

Two men were fighting each other and it wasn't practice. I could see a scared woman standing behind them trying to hide her breasts with her ripped dress.

What happened?

I walked around the fighting men towards the woman. I took my cloak off and laid it over her, I could clearly read the fear in her eyes.

"What happened?" I asked quietly.

"He... he tried to rape me," she stuttered while looking at the fighting men. "Fortunately, my husband was on time but he isn't good in fighting. I'm afraid he will get killed."

My grip on my dagger tightened and I gritted my teeth.

"Who is your husband?"

She looked up at me. "The one with the brown hair."

I turned on my heels and grabbed the blond one from behind.

"And what do you think you're doing?" I asked him.

His eyes narrowed. "That's none of your business."

I raised my eyebrow, eying the knife he had taken. "I think it is."

He raised his knife but I had already put my dagger on his neck. "Don't you dare, you pathetic fool."

His eyes went to my dagger. "That's a nice dagger you have there, maid, maybe I'll keep it after I raped you."

I laughed. "You have no idea who you're dealing with."

He grinned but before he could do something, I smashed the heft of my dagger in his face and he fell on the ground, knocked out.

"Nice talk," I commented.

I turned back around to see the husband fussing over his wife and I smiled when I saw the love they shared.

"Thank you," the woman said while grabbing my hands. "Thank you so much! We won't forget it. Do you wanna come in and join us for breakfast?"

I smiled at her. "I would love to but I have to bring this creep to the king. I'll make sure he'll learn his lesson."

"Can we at least know the name of our savior?" The man asked while putting his hands protectively on his wife's shoulders.

I hesitated. "Keira."

The two of them looked carefully at me until Thorin's ring caught their attention. Their eyes widened and they immediately bowed.

"Queen Keira."

"There is no need for that," I told them gently. "It's just me."

The woman fretted on her dress and I noticed she became embarrassed by how she looked.

"I'll take him to king Thengel. It was a pleasure meeting you," I told them. I grabbed the man and pulled his unconscious body with me.

Farin, the captain of my guard, ran towards me when he saw me. "What happened?"

"He almost raped an innocent woman," I replied while looking down at the raper with an disgustingly look. "Throw him in the dungeons, Thengel will decide his fate."

"Yes, your majesty."

I rolled my eyes. "Farin, how many times do I have to tell you, you can call me Keira."