Jump

*Ash's Pov*

She shoves her hands into my chest with super human force. Combined with the element of surprise, it's enough to send me crashing into the wall separating the drivers compartment from the part of the van we currently occupy. When I look up, the double doors are hanging off their reinforced aluminium hinges and the road leaps out from under the car, the girl is nowhere in sight.

I mind link shadow faux hearing his trilling answer in my head. I make him my eyes in the sky, telling him to take flight and watch for the girl.

*Ahna's Pov*

I'm on top of the van. The man still inside the van below curses a string of profanities, probably directed at me.

"Where are you, you stupid bitch?!" He snarls.

I internally shudder, imagining those strong, rough hands clamped around my neck. I have to get out of here.

Looking towards where the van is heading I notice the ground dips away from the road, springy grass slowly sloping downwards towards the cover of the trees.

I brace myself. This is it. My stomach drops and my heart rate increases. I wipe my sweaty palms on the back of my legs. closing my eyes I take a shaky deep breath to steady myself.

Then I jump.

The van disappears from beneath me and I fly towards the cushioning grass. But it's still racing by too fast and if I land straight on, it'll probably kill me. So as I collide with it, I roll, using the force to roll once and fluidly jumping up then flying into a sprint for the trees. Try and catch us now she smirks and for once I can't help but agree with her.

And as I reach the safety of the lush whispering trees, I turn, and raise my middle finger at a very surprised jerk watching from the back of the van. Then I slip into the shadows.

*Ash's Pov*

Darkest night, she was a fighter. Seeing her jump from a moving van then have the nerve to flip me off proved that.

Does she even know who I am? what i could do to her?

I shake my head in frustration. why couldn't she just give up like all my other targets?

Was a big scary assassin and chloroform not enough for her? I grab my sword and jump. Too many questions. Too little answers.

_________________________

Sorry this is even shorter than usual but I don't care cause it's Australia Father's Day and I'm going out for lunch yay! Thank you to the one reader whose bothered to even read this you are my hero <3

Vote, comment, and just read this in general plz XoXo