Life is a glasshouse

Alucard's POV:

I struggled to get her back. Thank god for Zilong and the shiny hair guy we were able to distract that monster and get Ruby back. 

Her head was covered with blood and scars everywhere. I couldn't see it. I was shivering throughout as my trembling hands tried to hold her face. 

As i laid her head on my lap, i could feel her blood seeping through my uniform. I couldn't even breathe for a minute. There was nothing left of her. Her eyes were closed and she looked peaceful. Her red hood was even redder and her scythe had lost its shine. 

'This can't be possible' I said as i wiped her forehead. 

'Alucard...' Nana said as she put her hands on my shoulder. 

'Cut the drama, she's not dead yet' Argus said and i lost my control. 

'Everything will come to an end.' I said as i smiled at Argus. I will end it now. Either he lives or i do. There's nothing to go back to. He laid his hands on my Ruby. He will pay. I don't know how i will do this but i will. I will use all the spells possible. I will take my revenge!  

Just as i was about to attack, i felt something very powerful flowing inside me. The energy inside me was making me powerful. I don't know what's happening. I was then surrounded by light. A very bright light. I could feel strong power within me. Then in a flash the light was gone and i was left vengeful. 

'Wow, he transformed!' Kagura exclaimed and i looked at my sword.  It had changed and so had my attire. 

"I smelled the stink of monsters,' I said as i tilted my head right

"I smelled the stink of monsters,' I said as i tilted my head right. I placed Ruby in a safe place with Kagura as i went for a kill. 

Argus was very powerful indeed but i wasn't bad either. My skills were much improved and this new set of confidence was making me more and more glorious. 

Argus then used immortality as he stalked with me. I knew it. He would be using this. Then he came towards me with his chain as he bashes me.

'Hey, not bad!' i smirked as i easily struck him with my very first attack. Wow, i can feel the health multiplying. Just then, maybe Argus's immortality finished as he became weak and his stupid wings fell. 

'Power means eternity,' he screeched as he used inspire.

 How lame i thought. Who even uses this with a reap. Gee. 

Slowly and easily when he got that i was winning, he gestured to his fellow mates and they attacked us. All of my friends joined including the shampoo guy and it was easy to say that we had won the fight. Argus and they all retreated instead of dying by my bare hands. Smart move i thought as i saw them disappear.

'Take her to the healing ward real quick!' Nana cried and i focused on Ruby. I immediately caught her before the shampoo guy held her and i took her to where he gestured. 

'Come on Ruby, you can't do this to me,' I said dryly as i reached the healing ward. 

There were many other people and i placed her on a quiet place in a bed. 

'Healing prayers to you!' called out a... golden fairy as she saw me. 

'My... Ruby. She's Ruby. Heal her. Please,' i pleaded and she just nodded and went away. 

'What happened?' She asked looking at Ruby's state.

'Argus attacked her and nearly killed her.' 

'Argus... you mean.. the fallen angel?' She whispered slowly and painfully and i suddenly got curious looking at her expression. 

'It's okay. Her vitals are strong. She's unconcious for now and her skull has been damaged. She will heal in days.Till then please keep her here.' She said and she walked away. 

'Also, we're getting a new room for her. This place is for people who will heal quick. She won't.'

They placed her in a bed in the new room. Nana said we could take turns to stay with her but i won't leave her at all. I slept in the guest bed next to hers. 

This has been my daily routine for now. I woke up and looked at her. Then i'd ask Rafaela about her health. I ate soup and bread in the room itself and then i would lay by her side without hurting her at all. 

Days went on and yet i couldn't.. she hadn't opened her eyes. Her scars were slowly fading away but she hasn't healed that much. I just want her to open those beautiful emerald eyes and look at me.  I kept talking to her hoping she'd heard everything i said. 

She never opened her eyes. She just kept sleeping. A week passed by and she didn't wake up. My hopes were just... dying.

Ruby, i can't live without you. I need you here with me. Please please say my name. I... I love you. I leaned closer to her and kissed her softly on her lips. As soon as i kissed her, my whole body felt like it was on fireworks and that's when i knew.. She was the one. I don't care about the future. I want her with me, all the time.