Chapter #2

I bit my lips as I had no idea what to say. What do you want me to do? This was the first time a guy has ever talked to me like that.

Suddenly, I heard a low growl erupting from the opposite side and immediately released my lips from biting it. The situation was quite tense and silence took over as both of us were concentrating on each other. I have to break this silence now.

“So, um, what is your purpose of coming here?” pheww. Now let’s just start a business conversation.

“Oh, I um came here to discuss about the party. My alpha needed some information’s. You know for safety purpose” I just nodded my head and went to the nearby shelf to take out the packs file.

“ermm, so what was your name again?” his name was already written in the first paper of the file but I wanted to hear it myself.

“im sorry I didn’t introduce myself. My name is Loren. Beta of the pack. “He straighten up and leaned comfortably on the chair.

“Well, that’s a nice name. I’m Alpha Chris daughter. My name is Megan but you can call me Meg. “

“Okay, nice meeting you Meg. “ I just smiled and the rest of the conversation was one hundred percent about PACK.

After we were done, I lead the way to outside the office and opened the door and realised how tall he is. I’m tall myself but this guy is just perfect for my height. Keep dreaming Meg. Once we were outside, here comes my nosy Sam.

“God baby, what took you this long. “ Sam asked while frowning and took a glance at Loren.

Loren growled loudly. Oops, what happened?

“Who is he? “ Loren asked with his jaw clenched. Woah, calm down dude.

“Ermm, he is my only friend in this pack. Basically my twin. “ i said with a smile. He looked at Sam with a disgusted look.

“I will wait outside. “and with that Loren went outside with one last look at Sam.

“What the hell is his problem? I didn’t do anything and he is behaving like…” I stopped Sam before he starts off with his cursing word.

“I will send him off and come back you. Just go eat something and cool down okay babe. “ I said that and ran to the direction that Loren went.

God, he is fast. He is already at his car and getting ready to leave. NOOO, please don’t leave. I walked to his car and went he saw me, Loren just stood there emotionless. Ouch. Okay, time to cool him down. I was now standing two feet in front of him.

“so, are you leaving? “ obviously he is but I just wanted to talk something and convince him to stay for a while.

His face softened before answering. “Yeah, I have some pack business. “

“okay, I just wanted to say that after a long time, I had a good talk. “ I dropped my gaze from him to the ground.

I know he was looking at me intensely but pretended I didn’t know.

“Me too. You don’t know how special this day to me. After a very long time, I felt relaxed by just talking to you. Your attention made me feel special. “ we looked into each other for a moment and I didn’t wanna let him go just like that. He made me feel something I never felt before.

“are you in such a hurry or something? “ he looked at me with a confused look.

“no, not really. Why? “ he said as he checked his watch.

“wanna have some coffe at my house? He looked at me in disbelief. I just waited for his answer.

“of course I will. I mean who wouldn’t? “

Wohooo…awesome. Today will be one of the best day of my life. A coffee at my house with a guy I just met. Im sure this relationship will last long.