♡ 02 ♡

jisung stared at haemi.

it wasn't like she knew though. haemi knew that jisung would come to the shop every day she was working behind the counter, she knew where he always sat, and knew that he always ordered just one cupcake, but she didn't know that he would always stare at her while slowly eating his cupcake by himself in a table for two near the centre of the room.

jisung had a true infatuation with the younger female. it wasn't really a surprise though, although haemi didn't have that many friends at school or work, she had a natural beauty every girl was jealous of, and she knew that. but jisung also seemed to like her for who she was.

"all done.", jisung walked up to haemi at the counter when there weren't any customers in sight in that area. he showed the empty paper wrapping to her as he finished chewing the rest of the cupcake in his mouth.

"okay?", she chuckled. "have a nice one."

he threw the wrapper in the trash bin close to him and gave her once last glance before walking towards the door, outlined in pastel pink like the rest of the shop. "bye haemi."

lisa quickly turned to her colleague the second jisung left. "he totally likes you. slap me if i'm wrong."

haemi crossed her arms. "you always say that. at school, he barely talks to me. i'm just a basic ass compared to the kind of girls he would like."

"how are you supposed to know what kind of girls he likes.", lisa scoffed.

•••

"this is gross.", hanjae commented as him and haemi watched miyeon and hyunjin make out across from them in the hallway that school morning. "why are we looking at them?"

"i wish i was in a relationship.", haemi said as she then pouted.

"me too.", hanjae said. "let's go to class we're almost late already because of miyeon."

"miyeon, we're going!", haemi called to her best friend who didn't respond.

•••

"wake up you lazy bum.", seungmin shook jisung's arm that was overlapped onto his other one as he rested his head on his hands to sleep on his desk.

"send me the notes, i'll do them when i get home.", he mumbled.

"and what if i don't.", seungmin took another bite out of his apple and shook his head.

jisung looked up at the teacher and quickly felt the urge to stay awake after the glare he had earned from him.

"here, drink this.", seungmin placed a can of mountain dew on jisung's desk.

jisung quickly pushed it back. "no, i can't drink that.", he rubbed his eyes. "i can't have any extra sugar if i'm going to have one big cupcake every day."

seungmin took his drink back and smiled a little bit. "wow, a dedicated man."

jisung laughed a little and hit seungmin lightly with the back of his hand.

•••

"one red velvet cupcake.", jisung said, smiling at haemi.

the cupcake was soon given to him and he waited for the girl to smile back at him before he went off the go sit at the pink table in the cupcake shop.

"so cute.", haemi mumbled.

"just ask him out already.", lisa smirked.

"are you ill?"

•••

"my mom's in the hospital.", hyunjin told haemi on the other end of the phone. it was 11:03 at night and the girl was laying upside down on her bed as she listened to him. "i think i should go see her, but it's really late, don't you think?"

hyunjin and haemi were never that close, in fact hyunjin was way closer to jisung's squad than any other in the school, excluding the fact that miyeon was his girlfriend.

hyunjin had only started talking to haemi very recently. it was awkward for her when he started calling her late in the night, after all, he could have called his girlfriend.

"uh. . .i think you should just stay at home.", haemi said. "your dad is with her isn't he? just be safe."

"okay. thanks haemi.", hyunjin said. after a small pause he finally spoke again. "goodnight."

"goodnight.", and with that, she hung up the phone and went to sleep.
__