♡ 09 ♡

"have a nice day, don't forget to come back!", haemi smiled and waved at a customer she had just attended to.

lisa walked up to her and rested her elbow on the counter. "you seem in a better mood today."

"you can't stay upset forever.", haemi said. "i miss jisung. . ."

"well that's your karma for turning him down.", lisa raised her eyebrows.

"ugh! i didn't mean to!", haemi exclaimed, but not too loud so the customers wouldn't look her way. "if i knew that i actually meant so, so much to him. . .then i wouldn't. it was just because of a stupid note. pfft- there are so many excuses as to why he couldn't have gotten it."

haemi paused for a moment as she came to a possible answer. "frick, maybe hyunjin did something to it."

"see, there's so many other explanations.", lisa placed her hand on haemi's shoulder. "you made the wrong choic-

"i know!", haemi snapped, moving away from lisa and crossing her arms.

"remember the first time jisung came here?", lisa asked after a moment of silence. "the moment his eyes landed on you, it was like he was thinking, she's gotta he mine."

haemi tried so hard not to smile. "stop. you're making me cringe."

"and he even forgot to collect his change that day too, cause he was too stunned by your beauty, and he got nervous and shaky and-"

"i know.", haemi smiled as she tapped her fingers on the counter. "i remember it like it happened yesterday."

haemi stared at an empty table near the centre of the room. where jisung used to always sit.

"i'm gonna do the most stupidest thing i've ever done in my life tomorrow.", she said.

•••

as the day was beginning to turn to evening, lisa had left for home while haemi still completed her shift.

haemi glanced outside the window as she was wiping down the counter and saw two familiar faces walk by. . .

. . .hanjae and. . .hyunjin?

she dropped the wash cloth she was using right away and dashed outside in her apron once the two boys reached the door.

she gave hyunjin a glare while he just stood there in his long, black, coat. then she pulled hanjae aside.

"what are you doing with a douchebag like him?", she asked concerned.

hanjae walked back to hyunjin wrapping his arms around one of the taller male's and frowning. he didn't know what to say or do.

"you know what, whatever.", haemi said. "you can't control people's feelings."

hanjae lightly kicked haemi on the shin. "feelings my ass."

the two boys walked away, hanjae tugged on hyunjin's arm as a smile appeared on his face. "c'mon hyunjin let's go to the park!"

haemi just sighed and walked back into the shop.
__

a/n: sorry, super boring chapter, i know. but the next one is the last one so i can't rush it, you know?