♡ 06 ♡

"can i order an oreo cupcake today?", jisung asked haemi at the cupcake shop.

"sure.", she said. her mind was flooding with multiple thoughts all at once. it all started yesterday when she started re-thinking being open about the notes when hyunjin was around. can't i trust hyunjin not tell jisung that its me, she thought. we're friends, right?

"hey, haemi.", jisung waved his right hand in front of the girl's face. "did you zone out."

she handed him his cupcake and sighed. "sorry, there's just a lot of stuff going on in my life right now."

"um. . .", jisung took the cupcake and immediately placed it down on the counter. "do you want. . .a hug?"

haemi looked up shockingly. she couldn't say no to a hug from jisung, but she couldn't look too desperate. "um, sure why not."

the girl walked in front of the counter and jisung was first to wrap his arms around haemi. she hugged him back, resting her head on jisung's warm chest. to tell the truth, she really didn't want him to let go of her. after a few moments, they released. it was a bit awkward.

"thanks.", haemi said.

jisung just smiled and took his cupcake. but this was secretly the highlights of both of their days.

•••

h.hyunjin
do you like jisung?

haemi read over the text message that hyunjin had sent her at lunch that school day. he didn't show up at school and yet he decided to ask her this question. the teen texted hyunjin back with her phone underneath the table as hanjae and miyeon chatted away.

me
yea, why?

she couldn't have lied. there was no way of covering it up. hyunjin probably already knew the answer but he just wanted to make sure it was true.

h.hyunjin
oh just wondering 😊

me
okay, the lunch bell is gonna ring soon i have to go

h.hyunjin
k bye

and because haemi had just told hyunjin her secret. she felt guilty for not telling her closest friends.

"guys. . .kay, i'm finally gonna tell you who he is.", she said.

"oh my god, seriously? okay okay okay i'm ready.", miyeon said excitedly.

"it's jisung. han jisung.", haemi whispered. he friends gave her mischievous glares as the lunch bell rang and students started leaving.

"he's so cute.", hanjae said. "i'm not surprised you like him."

"i know.", haemi smiled. it felt kind of good for her to have this weight taken off her chest.

•••

haemi fiddled with the note she planned on slipping into jisung's locker in a few moments as class was almost coming to an end.

~
have a great rest of the day, jisung <3
~

she thought it was lame. she knew it was lame. but there wasn't much she could do. haemi already felt that jisung must have been getting bored from the notes. after all, she would sometimes sneak glances at the boy from afar, only to see him stuff the paper into his pocket and move on with his day. it hurt her, but only for the time being because the next day she'd happily give him another one.

•••

almost a week passed. they were most ordinary compared to the others. jisung showed up at the cupcake shop every day. but especially the notes haemi gave to jisung those first days of the school week were most ordinary.

~
study well! work hard! then you'll relax in the future. that's what my mom usually tells me :)
~

~
have a great lunch!
~

~
don't trip on the way back home, you don't want those nice legs getting bruised, right?
~

haemi wasn't satisfied, but she thought that if jisung truly liked her, he would be.

•••

jisung rested on his bed that evening by himself, holding the box that contained the notes in it.

they satisfied him, but that was it.

maybe, he thought, i should make my first move. . .

. . .to haemi.
__