26. The Game

Fun chapter, enjoy!

**

Harry stuffed the last half of his sandwich into his mouth, determined to eat it in one bite.

Well, technically I dared him. But that was after he bragged about being able to do it and I decided I wanted to see it for myself.

Unfortunately for us, at that same moment, Niall and a group of people came walking through the front door.

"Ij ih fah oclah awehdy?" Harry asked, mouth totally full of sandwich. I laughed, looking at the time.

"Yup, five o'clock." I told him, standing up. "But good job, you proved your point." I gave him a wink and he smiled a big cheesy grin.

I said hi to Niall at the bottom of the stairs just as another group of people, lead by Gemma, came through the front door. Assuring him I'd be right back down, I excused myself.

Gemma called my name halfway up the stairs and asked if I wanted help getting ready. It took only a glance around to see that the majority of the group were women, all dressed better than I was. Hesitantly, I agreed. I didn't know how to say no to her, and she was already heading up the stairs.

Within a minute of being in my room she was diving though my closet of clothes.

"Jesus woman, do you own any color?" Gemma asked

"Does grey count?" I asked sarcastically, I was watching her from the bed, no idea where to start. She looked stunning in black and white stripes, her blonde hair short and choppy, framing her face.

"Yes!" She pulled out a leather jacket I forgot I'd bought. "This is sexy as."

"Maybe with the tank?" I suggested, pointing. She held up the soft, tight fitting tank top I was referring too.

"Yes, definitely. And jeans." She finished the ensemble and I began getting dressed. Gemma took advantage of the chance to change the subject.

"So how's living with Harry?"

"I think it's going well. He works most of the time, and I mean, this house is beautiful, compared to..." I trailed off.

Gemma laughed, "that's not really what I was getting at. Are you guys like, a thing?"

"What? No, we're friends." I brushed off. "He did a lot for me though, I owe him." I smiled, at least that was honest. Gemma seemed to be satisfied.

"He's a good person," she said simply. I wasn't used to talking to girls, or people in general about my personal life, but she didn't seem to notice as I pulled the jacket on and faced her.

"Damn girl!" Gemma approved, looking me over. She sat me down and looked at my limited makeup choices.

"I would've worn something more casual, but I came straight from the black and white lunch. It was this afternoon." She told me, as if I knew what that was.

"Oh, how was that?" I asked, pretending to know.

"It was boring." She said bluntly. "Harry was supposed to come, but he cancelled to get tonight for ready."

"Yeah he was busy all day with it." I recalled. "The house was nuts this morning."

Gemma just nodded, putting a finishing coat of mascara on me, "Yeah I'm not surprised. He turns up for his friends. Hmm. You need jewellery." The simple makeup suited me well and I decided to pull my hair up out of my face.

I stood looking at myself in the mirror, the same way I'd done the last time I got dressed up, only this was much different. Gone was the terrified little girl in lipstick, this time I felt good.