Chapter Thirteen

Just so ya know, I don't own Naruto, Naruto Shippuuden, or any thing Naruto related besides Nayami and Akira, and I guess Uzumi. (You'll see them momentarily.) If I did, things would go very differently....

Naruto Cast: *shudders*

Pein and Itachi: OMFG WE'RE ALIVE?!

Me: =3

Onto the story, lovelies :333

With a soft sigh, Sasuke woke. His eyes gazed lazily about the room before they fell on me. A smile twitched on his lips. “Sasuke, do you have a dream?” I asked quietly, not wanting to startle my half-asleep junior. He closed his eyes again, as if to fall asleep, before his onyx eyes bored into me.

“My dream is to revive my clan.” I nodded before I stumbled off for my room, my tired eyes closing momentarily as I stopped in the hall. I didn’t want to continue moving. I could feel dawn breaking slowly. The light around me intensified with each passing minute. My body slumped against the wall before I slid to the floor. I was so tired. I thought of how it seemed that maybe my dream was coming true, though not the way I expected. At least the Uchiha brothers were together, and seemed happy.

I got up and moved again. So why couldn’t I be happy? I just wanted a loving family, the type with a mother and a father who loved me and cared for me, with a sibling or two who would tease me and anger me, who would help me and laugh with me.

Sadness pulsed through my veins before I slipped into Deidara’s room. I almost grinned. Deidara lay sprawled across the bed, his blond hair mussed gently. His chest rose and fell softly before I slid in next to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. “Yami-chan, un?” Deidara said groggily, his arm snaking around me. “What’re you doing, un?”

I sighed. “Is it okay if I stay here?” I whispered. Deidara grunted and nodded his head sleepily as I snuggled into his side, my eyes sliding shut as I began to sleep. “Thank you, Dei-kun.” I murmured before sleep overtook me.

I was in the dank hallways of emptiness that made up my mind. What on earth was I doing here? Of course, I didn’t really mind. Maybe I’d come across some sort of family. I wandered the halls, water dripping somewhere within. It was like a maze, an unsolvable maze made up by me. I wondered who held the key to figuring it out.

As I stepped into the next hallway, I spotted a light. It was a bright, blinding white and I squinted my eyes shut against it as I passed under it before continuing on my way. “Hello?” I called, anxiety setting in. “Is anybody here?” Footsteps hurried down the hall and a child ran past me, followed by a dog.

“Hey!” I shouted, trying to catch their attention. The child kept going. “Hey, wait up!” I chased after them, my footsteps soft in the empty halls. The child stared at me as she reached a dead end. “Who are you?” I asked.

“Silly Uzumaki, don’t you remember me?” She asked, gold eyes gleaming and dark hair waving. I sweatdropped.

“Erm... should I remember you?” The girl laughed, her voice high.

“Not really. You’ve only met me once, I think.” I frowned. “I’m the girl who helped you one day when you were younger. You tripped and I took you home because you cut your head.”

“You look a lot like how I used to look.” I said. The girl laughed.

“I know. I met you in Konoha, but I died soon afterward. I was the person who placed the jutsu on you.” I almost scowled at her.