xxxiii

Mathias

I'm sure my jaw is about to break. Or my teeth are going to be nubs by the time Sier kills me. She bandages up my wounds, so I don't bleed out, before making new ones. After a temper tantrum, she stormed in here, ranting and raving about how Ridley escaped thanks to Sunny and Seth, who I look over at and thank with my eyes. Sunny looks at her like this is old news, we've been here for hours. How could she not know that Ridley wasn't caught?

"I guess she's luck." Sier drawls, gripping my broken hand, I gasp at the pain. "I am going to let my men have their way with her before I kill you both."

My stomach turns in disgust and I struggle to get at her, "You cock sucking wench." I spit.

"Quite the," She squeezes my wrist, where she broke it and I wither in pain. "Mouth on you, huh?"

"Guess I'll have to change that too." She shrugs, letting go out my wrist. I breathe as my body threatens to shut down on me from the numerous things she's cut or broken along with the silver table and wolfsbane soaked restraints.

Sier climbs on top of me, hovering over my body with the blade in her right hand. With one hand she grabs my chin, squeezing until I open my mouth from the burning of her hand. It feels as if she's lit a fire on my face as she lets go and my jaw stays locked in place. She grabs my tongue, causing me to realize she's going to cut out my tongue. Unable to close my mouth, I thrash, trying and failing to throw her small frame off of me.

A banging on the door around a stone wall that Sier uses to to get into this cellar stops her from cutting my tongue. She frowns, getting off the table, she slams the knife into my thigh, leaving it there. I breathe a sigh of relief as my tongue is spared and I can close my mouth. Sier watches the door as the pounding gets louder. She starts waving her hands, moving them purposefully. She whispers and the stone door seems to get bigger.

The guys of the guard begin to crowd the furthest wall of the cell, away from the door. Sunny drags Seth, who has barely moved this entire time, despite all the blood, over to the other wall. Sier doesn't seem phased by this and continues her little chant, her face progressively getting more and more flustered.

Finally, the door breaks, shattering like wood and in jumps a copper colored wolf with a scar over it's one eye. After it follows an all too familiar honey colored wolf. My heart pounds as Ridley stands there, first seeing the members in the cell. Then her eyes land on me, in my pathetic state, bloody, beaten, burned and swollen. Her eyes soften, filling with an emotion I don't understand. She lets out a rumbling growl, that echoes off the stone walls, shocking even me.

But then I remember the blood she comes from, reminding me that she's got Alpha running through her veins. She focuses back on a cornered Sier, who has a look of desperation in her eye. Scar, the rogue, appears in human form, fully dressed. A skill only older wolves have. He slips on gloves and begins trying to free the pack members.

Ridley lunges for Sier, snapping at her. Sier jumps over the table I'm on, ripping the blade she left in my leg out. I hear her land somewhere over my head, but the pain from the knife leaves me to queasy. Then see Ridley flung into the opposite wall. I wince, pulling on my restraints as every instinct in my body screams for me to protect her.

Ridley gets up, tangoing with Sier while I lie in the middle of it. When Ridley tries to jump and attack Sier again, I see Sier flick her hand from left to right. Flinging Ridley to the left, then into the wall on the right. This time she whimpers and my heart breaks.

I almost yell for her father to help her, but that would draw Sier's attention to him. So I do what I do best, shit talk, "Oh come on, Sier. Play fair. What a little bitch to hide behind your powers. Are you afraid that if you faced Ridley wolf to wolf you'd lose?"

Sier's eyes snap to me and she snarls, glaring as she marches towards me. "You're probably a scrawny wolf right? Since you're only half werewolf, that makes you different. Hybrid. No wonder why we've never seen you-"

She angrily raises the knife to me, right over my chest. I turn my head away to see that everyone in the cell was gone and I close my eyes, waiting for the sting of the blade in my body. Instead, there's a commotion, a muffled scream and a snap of a bone breaks. I wait to open my eyes, afraid to see Ridley dead on the floor.

A laughter fills the air, then suddenly I'm free. Too weak to move on my own as I am rolled off the silver table by hands far too small to be Ridley's. A dull ache settles in my chest, spreading quickly enough to numb the fall off the table to the ground. When I open my eyes, I stare into the eyes of Ridley. They're lifeless and dead, staring past me, through me.

The laughter continues, and as my world spirals out of control, Sier taunts me. "Look!"

"Your Luna couldn't save you!" She yells, her voice bouncing off the stone walls.

I struggle to breathe, the air catching in my throat. When I regain control of my limbs, I grasp her hand tightly, squeezing as if that might bring her back. But, her eyes remain unmoving. A foot slams into my stomach, though it hurts, not a sound escape my lips. While Sier does what she wants, kicking, stomping and throwing a tantrum, I grip Ridley's hand.

Just as I start to fade out of consciousness, more muffled voices join the screaming of Sier. As darkness threatens the edges of my eyesight, I see Seth catch Sier as she's flung through the air and rip her head off. It brings me little satisfaction knowing she killed my mate. Tears fall as I shut my eyes, the last thing I see being Ridley's beautiful brown eyes that always looked like pools of honey when they were in the sun.

 Tears fall as I shut my eyes, the last thing I see being Ridley's beautiful brown eyes that always looked like pools of honey when they were in the sun

End.