Chapter VII

Damned: chapter VII

'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.' -Abraham Lincoln

The moment when you realize that you have no control over your life, over your choices, over your fate.

The moment when everything you know was a lie, was a cover, was a mystery.

And the moment when your ripped away from the life you knew, and forced into the life you were meant for.

The question: the past or the future?

Knowledge or ignorance?

Discovered or Hidden?

The life I always knew, or the life I was born into.

But is there a choice?

I thought about my so-called parents, who ignore me; who are never home and literally pay me to stay out if trouble. My brother; Brad, always covering for me and there for me when our parents wasn't.

My friends, who never really understood me; I guess never really cared. I thought about Jordan, my best friend; my brother; my partner in crime.

My other half, was it love?

I guess I'll never know.

They will forget me, as if I never existed. Would they be happy? Will Jordan be more popular now that bad-ass Dylan was gone?

Would my friends be better off? Would my parents be happier now that their mistake didn't exist?

I wondered why I sneaked off, maybe it was because it was a lot to take in. Or my own way of dealing with things.

Or just testing the theory that everyone I loved forgot me, or was better off. I don't them to forget me.

I want Jordan to remember all those useless pranks on sub teachers, all those times we hung out past mid night. I want Sensai to remember his favorite student, the girl who practiced tai chi everyday with him with a broken arm. I want my parents to remember the black sheep of the family, the girl they cast away. And I want my brother to remember the cool and annoying older sister that always got into trouble.

I knew I wouldn't and won't fit in at the school, I wasn't meant to be in that school.

Hell, I wasn't even meant to be in that world!

I want to wind the clock back, 48 hours ago. I would have hidden my tattoo, my better senses, my brighter eyes and darker hair.

I would have been hiding who I truly am.

But who am I?

My world, a world full of assholes, sluts, tramps, and best friends. Full of love and hate, not arrogant Princes or large Academy campuses. Full of McDonald's and electronics, not fighting random things or Gifts of Nature.

I laughed bitterly, I have no one now. My old life fo- Old? Is it? Is it the past already? Is it my life or was it? I guess I'll never know, maybe they moved on.

I lifted my head, peering at the brilliant colors of the setting sun.

I have no one now.

No one.

..............................................................................

The sun casts a shadow over the girl as she walked down the road, head held high and tears flowing, bitterness surrounded her. Given no choice, the cloaked one sat watched her.