Chapter VIII

Damned VIII

The perfect weapon.

The arrow into the heart of the Royals.

A perfect soldier.

The prefect sign.

..................................................................

I woke up.

It was blurry and my brain felt foggy. I laid on soft sheets as I try to blink the blurriness away, closing my eyes and I stopped.

Just stopped.

Focusing on myself, one breath slowly after another. In came the soft crisp air from a nearby window with a hint of artificial lemon. I listened for the sounds, the birds outside and often or not, footsteps outside a door.

I was calm, at peace.

No, not dead.

I opened my eyes, the fog cleared. My head felt different, similar to a fogged up glass. Unable to calculate and think logically, or numerically very well. I was staring up at a smooth ceiling of the room, the fan spun around leisurely. A soft humming sound, and foot steps approached.

"You're awake." No shit. "How are you feeling?" Asked a soft voice, probably a nurse.

I ignored her and stared ahead. I don't think I can move, or if I want to. Trying to clear the growing fog inside my head, trying to understand the reality of events. And trying to piece together what is real in my life.

I vaguely heard her trying to talk to me, trying to reason. Almost a blur when she reached for me but her hand snapped back violently; nails blackened and fingers wrinkled as she ran out, sobbing.

Yet I was oblivious. I sighed, closing my eyes once again, trying to find pain. None came, so I counted softly in my headed.

...3

...2

...1

And I heaved myself into a sitting position. Pain exploded in my abdomen, like raw sandpaper rubbing onto an open wound. I gritted my teeth, shoving my fist into my mouth to prevent my screams from coming out. My movements were sluggish and I ended up punching myself in the cheek. A metallic taste exploded in my mouth, unable to feel my tongue, it dripped from my mouth.

Looking down, I was not changed at all; almost as if they had dumped in onto the bed and left. Blood stained the soft linen as I looked back, black goo covered my pants and a long gash from my wrist to my elbow flowed fresh blood.

My head was too foggy to think, I tried to grab the nearby glass of water but my legs were numb. I gripped it in panic and the glass shattered. My hand was shaking, so was my body. White spots and lights appeared in my vision, I had a fistful of the sheets to help me stand. But my arm was too week to respond, I slumped to the floor.

I wanted to drink the water-no, I needed to drink the water.

Footsteps was approaching, and my vision was edging into blackness as I laid on the cool floor. Everything was shifting with the little vision I had, my body was shuddering and shaking. Involuntary violent shivers overtook me, my leg had banged against the bed. I felt the pieces of glass dig into my back, and pain exploded everywhere. I literally felt it travel to my brain in waves, numbness as my vision completely black. By sheer desperation, I reached up and grabbed hold of a fabric I had touched. Hoping to was not the bed covers, and pulled down-hard.

I heard screaming, and yelling. I can feel a warm liquid seeping onto the floor, and the crunching of the glass under their feet. The fabric came loose quickly and something shattered beside my face. Various limbs numb already, I vaguely felt the sharp glass embed themselves into my skin.