5 - cake & friends

Calum was a slow texter. That was something I was learning to get used to today. I had to get out of my house. My mom and her "wedding planners" were talking to Ashlee and Luke about how they could make their wedding just like a dream. It made me want to puke.

Marriage was something that I never even thought about doing and I was pretty sure Ashlee was on the same page as me. Until I got a call that she was marrying my high school boyfriend. But I was done holding grudges, I was ready to move onto a new chapter in my life.

I was supposed to meet Calum tonight at his apartment. The one he shared with Luke but Luke wasn't going to be there, thankfully. I was actually happy about this wedding for once in my life. Because that gave me some alone time with Calum and the boys. This alone time was something that I hadn't had in years.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I didn't know what I wanted to wear. Keep it casual? Or go dressy? The possibilities were endless. I ended up settling on a white crop top and black shorts. I looked at myself in the mirror. I almost wanted to ask Ashlee for advice but then I remembered, I was still mad at her for being so dumb and so inconsiderate.

So I took out my phone and took a picture and sent it to Lia for advice. It had only been about three days but I already missed Lia to ridiculous amounts. It was weird being away from her. We'd spent every bit of the last two years together. I didn't think it was possible to have this type of seperation anxiety from your best friend.

Lia repsonded three seconds later.

From Lia:

Hell yeah Carsyn! Get it! You look like a babe!

I looked at my self again. I hoped I was right. I only put on eyeliner and lipgloss and put my hair up in a messy bun. I didn't want to look like I was trying too hard to impress Calum, even though I actually was. I don't even know why I cared so much. I'd barely reconnected with him. It wasn't like he was anything special. If anything, I repeatedly told myself all I was going to do with Calum was sleep with him. No strings attatched. Once that was over I could move on with my life. Get out of this funk I'd been in.

To Lia:

Also, Ashlee asked me since ANOTHER bridesmaid dropped out, would you be willing to come down here for the wedding as a standing bridesmaid?

Last night Lia had told me, awkward Sydney was dropping out. She thought a real wedding would be too much pressure. I texted Calum about it and he thought it was hilarious. But as of right now, Ashlee's wedding party only consisted of 3 while, Luke had 4 groomsmen. Lia coming down was kind of a way for me to have some sanity I supposed.

From Lia:

I was hoping you'd never ask. I love watching a good train wreck.

-

When I walked out to the living room I saw the wedding planner. She was an interesting woman to say the least. She wore a barbie pink lipstick and her hair was still as high as it probably was in the 1980's. I thought my mom would've had better taste than this woman. But then again it was my mother.

"Well I'm gonna be on my way," I said awkwardly trying to avoid eye contact with this woman who was clearly stuck in the 80's.

"Oh Carsyn don't be so rude!" My mom exclaimed. She came up to me and out her arm around me. Oddly enough the only thing I could feel were her giant fake boobs. They were hard as rocks. Why did my mom want to look like a Barbie at fourty five years old was beyond me.

"Carsyn this is Viola Covey, the wedding planner for me and dad's wedding,"

That made sense I thought. This woman looked as though she hadn't moved on since.