49 | n e s s a

I sat down near the door, staring at the road. Waiting for him to arrive.

I took a deep breath. I'm trying my best to avoid overthinking. I don't want to hurt myself because of the things I'm thinking right now. I can't.

I closed my eyes but then I heard a sound of a horn.

He's here.

I stood up and fixed myself before facing him. I forced a smile and ran to him. "Graaay! Heyyy! I missed you so much." I looked straight into him and saw nothing but a blank expression. Ouchie.

"Okay, let's go." He said and turned away from me.

"Where?"

"Park."

Instead of being excited, I felt sad. The park is where people have fun and laugh but I don't think I'll be the happiest person there in the park because I already know what's happening and I just don't know what I should do or react once he finally says it.

"O-okay." I followed him.

-*-

"So. What are we going to.. uhh talk about?" I smiled.

"Us."

I looked away, still smiling and sighed. "Hmm. Yes?" I'm such an emotional person and I don't know if I can really hold back my tears. "G-go." I wanted to slap my face as soon as I stuttered. I'm about to cry!

"Uhm.. So I need to tell you something."

That's one of the lines in movies and books what couples says before they will break up and I just know what Grayson will tell me but I still don't know what I should do to stop him.

"Tell... Me."

I frozed when he held my face and looked straight at me and there... Finally, I saw something in his eyes. Sadness and guilt. That's when my tears started to fall so I looked away immediately.

"Wh-what are you g-going to say?" I faked a smile again.

"N-Nessa.. Why are you crying?" Hearing my name from him is just so beautiful to hear.

"Nothing.. Just continue." I wiped my tears and looked at him with a blank expression.

"F-fine.. I just want to tell you that.. The reason why I was gone w-was because.. Something really came up. I.. I can't be with.. We can't be t-together any..more." He sighed and looked away.

I almost fainted when he said that. I knew it already. I knew it but hearing it from him is just so sad. It hurts so much and I don't know if I could move on from this. Grayson why did you have to do this to me? I love you so much. That's all I want to tell him but I can't open my mouth.

"V-Vanessa..."

I tried my best to faked a smile. "Gr-Gray, it's fine. I already know that you're going to say this. It's f-fine." He looked at me, guilty. "But.. Why are you suddenly breaking up with me? As what I remembered, we were fine. You still loved me. What happened?"

He sighed again.

"N-nessa. You wouldn't believe me."

"I will. Tell me." i am so sad that i just want to cry. roni, i need you.

He took few deep breaths before he held my hand and looked at me. Oh please stop doing this to me. You're making me miss you more and more. Stoopp.

"I'm so sorry.."

"Tell me what happened."

"I'm sorry Vanessa. I'm breaking up with you because I am now a father, I have someone new. It's not you anymore."