The Pyro and the Hydro

Sophie POV

Great, I thought as I walked back to Havenfield with my friends. You just had to give us another mission, didn't you. I was visibly upset. I mean, who wouldn't be, I just wanted to rest and be as normal as I can get, but nooooooo. I just had to have been given another mission, an illegal one for that matter, not like I cared.

When I got to Havenfield, Edaline and Grady were already there, waiting for us, their usually worried faces on as usual. I told them of the mission,

"You guys want to hear what we're are being sent to do, right?"

"Of course! We are very worried!" Edaline and Grady said together.

"Weeeeell" I said, drawing the word out purposefully, "I may have been sent on a mission to the Forbidden Cities to find a pyrokinetic in denial, or he doesn't know what he is?" I said it more like a question.

"What?" My adoptive parents said in unison.

"Yeah.... hehehe. I'm going to take a quick trip to the Forbidden Cities, and I can only take Keefe, Dex, Fitz, Tam, Biana, and Linh. Keefe to tell how the pyro feels about his powers, Dex because we are going to a place heavily filled with technology, Fitz because he's my cognate, Tam to hide us in shadows, Biana to help vanish us, and Linh to put out any fires the pyro might start, on purpose or on accident."

—————— I am Time Skip, nice to meet you

With help from the Black Swan, we got the pyro's location, although he was very hard to find, they told us. They said that he was very well hidden and had been off the government radar for a while, but we got some, uh.... interesting information. A) that his name is Leo Valdez, b) that he has been in and out of foster homes for years because c) his mother died in the house fire and d) his father is unknown. It also seems that in the recent past he had shown up throughout Greece and Rome with eight other kids his age, and he's sixteen. Piper McLean, daughter of the famous Tristan McLean, the same age; Jason and Thalia Grace, siblings, Jason, a suspected Guster, fifteen, and Thalia, a suspected charger, fifteen; Frank Zhang, the last of his family, fifteen; Hazel Levesque, which was an interesting one as it said that she had been confirmed dead in the 1930's, thirteen; Annabeth Chase, who ran away at seven, a suspected vanisher, sixteen; and Nico DiAngelo, another interesting case as it says he went missing in the 1930's, a suspected shade, fourteen. However, all of them, except Thalia and Nico, were reported dead.

One kid he's been spotted with caught my eye though. His file that we found on him was... interesting .... to say the least. His name is weird, however, Perseus or Percy, Jackson. Huh, his file said that he is a suspected terrorist, for blowing up a school bus, ducking his class in a shark tank, and being suspiciously close to Mount Helens during it's explosion. He's sixteen and still alive. The Black Swan mentioned that he also might be a hydrokinetic. His mom and step- father are reported dead.

My friends were very confused about all of these terms and places mentioned in the files as they are all elves. I tried to explain it but failed miserably. After my failed attempts to explain, and after we got dressed more appropriately, we were on our way to the Forbidden Cities.

———— Nice to see you again, I am Time Skip

When we light leaped to the Forbidden Cities, I was happy to note that we were in the states. Meaning that I would have some idea of where we are. I took in our surroundings, and recognized where we were by the noticeable landmarks.

"We're in New York City." I stated.

"Where?" Biana questioned.

"Yeah, you don't get it, but at least I kind of know how to get around."

"Yeah," Keefe said, "That is a definite good thing because DANG! Is this city huge! With very tall towers, mind you."

"Yes, Yes, yes, come on!" I exclaimed "We have to figure out how to get all of us to the hydro's apartment, where the pyro is most likely to be."

—— Hello! ——

As we arrived at the apartment, after a long cab ride where my friends were ultimately confused, nothing looked unnatural, except for us of course. We walked in, looking for apartment number 5A, the Blofis- Jackson Residence, where the hydro is expected to live and the most probable place the pyro would be. As we ascended the stairs, it felt wrong to be at an apartment where a kid might live, hoping to capture them, however, I steeled myself, reminding my friends, for my sake and theirs that the two boys are terrorists, and are not to be trusted.

As we arrived, and knocked on the door, no one answered. I was expecting for Percy to answer, just remembering that his parents had died and he might not be home. I then heard something I would not have heard if I wasn't an elf. I heard a male inside, saying,

"Mr. Mcshizzle, I'm going to interrupt your rant for a quick sec to let you know that you should open the door, as someone is knocking," Then, quieter, he said, "Dang, I thought Uncle Z took off our scent. It better not be monsters."

As the door opened, I saw a young boy, about sixteen, with unruly, curly, dark hair, and neither light nor dark skin, I assumed this was Leo. When I peered through the space between his body and the doorway, I saw a grief- stricken teen, with wild, black hair, broken sea- green eyes, and tan skin, hunched over on the couch, who I assumed was Percy. I also saw a pale, olive- skinned boy, his clothes hanging off his dangerously skinny frame, sunken cheeks, long black hair, and dark eyes, hollow eyes I would have mistaken for black.

"Are you Percy Jackson, Nico Di Angelo, and Leo Valdez?"

A/N Hey! Sorry for the late update, I will try to make them more frequent. I love Cliffys! Yay! I hope you all liked it. Sorry for the short chapter, I will try to make them longer. Until next time, Amigos!