kitten pt 1

When you first met your husband, there were many things that ran through your head. He was just as handsome in person as he was on TV and in the pictures you have seen of him. He was tall, taller than you by four inches. And he smelled good if that was anything to go by.

Then there was the fact that you had no idea that man would end up being your husband.

You were assigned to be part of the team that would help The King and Wakanda branch out to assist foreign powers, as well as SHIELD.

You weren't supposed to have direct contact with T'Challa or any of the elders after all this would be your first international mission after being with SHIELD for almost 5 years at the time.

But then the higher ups on the mission were apparently tired of being the princess' guinea pigs and thus you were thrust into the position. Not that you minded, it got you our of boring diplomatic meetings and paperwork and negotiations.

Shuri had you testing her new products and inventions, from armor to drones to Kimoyo Beads. It left you bruised and sore for many many days, but you enjoyed it immensely.

The princess was a delight to be around and her humor and personality made you rather fond of her from the start, and slowly you started to see her as a little sister of your own.

The bridge between Wakanda and the rest of the world was very new at the time and it left The King and your teammates very busy, but there were slow times.

It was during one of those slow times that you met T'Challa.

"Shuri," You called as you waltzed into her lab, where she was 85% of the time, "Shuri," You called again as you looked around and couldn't find her. "Shuri-"

You cut yourself off when you came face to face with T'Challa, and Shuri right behind him. They looked like they were messing with T'Challa's Kimoyo beads.

"Your Highness," You stumbled out, giving the man a swift bow, "I didn't mean to intrude."

"Nonsense!" Shuri beamed when she saw you, ignoring her brother in favor of you, "Did you bring the popcorn?"

You smiled at her when you rose from your bow, "Butter and Kettle corn," You said showing her the bag you had with you.

"Shuri," T'Challa started, not looking away from you, his gaze calculating and intrigued, "Who is this?"

Shuri must have seen something in the look that you didn't, as she smirked at her brother, "This is [Name], the American I was talking about? He's been helping me with my inventions."

He nodded towards her and held his hand out towards you, "Nice to meet you, it's nice to put a face to all of my sister's stories of you."

You flushed under his gaze and timidly shook his hand, you had no idea where your SHIELD training went at that point.

"It's an honor to meet you as well, Your Highness, even if Shuri will not admit it, she speaks very highly of you." The said girl scoffed at your words and your smile widened considerably.

"Does she now?" He mused, now turning to glance at his sister, "What is your business here today, are you testing more inventions that call for... popcorn? And please, call me T'Challa."

Shuri laughed in a knowing manner and elbowed her brother in the ribs when she noticed he had yet to let go of your hand.

You shyly took your hand back, noticing Shuri's acknowledgment of it and cleared your throat, "Uh, no, not testing anything today," You answered, "We were going to watch movies as there are no deadlines or responsibilities that need to be met today."