O N E

1| F R E S H F R O M T H E G R A V E

rosesway SPNfam101 ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪs ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏs, ɪʟʏ 🖤

A LOUD GASP echoed throughout the forest while the birds surrounding the area flocked away in fear

A LOUD GASP echoed throughout the forest while the birds surrounding the area flocked away in fear. The cold wind nips at her skin, sending shivers down her spine. Zenja Winchester looks up at the starry night sky in wonder, her vision seemed to be heightened and she could sense everything.

She could feel the dust particles floating around her, she could see the dewdrops that stained the grass beneath her, she could smell the fresh water running down a stream from somewhere south of where she currently was, she could hear the electric buzz that came from street lamps miles away. Was this how Bella Swan felt like when she turned into one of those undead disco balls?

She slowly propped herself up, her elbows supporting her weight. Looking down, she realised she was sporting a long white silk dress with a plunging neck line—much to her distaste. She got up on her feet with a groan before studying her surroundings. She stood on a small clearing in the middle of the forest, trees surrounded her for miles and she could sense the various wild animals living amongst the forests around her. Everything felt surreal, she was dead but now she was back, better than before. Different thoughts swarmed around in her head but one question seemed to stick out like a sore thumb.

" Where the hell am I?" Her soft delicate voice pierced through the silence of the night. A soft light shined on her eyes from beneath her, making her blink rapidly in irritation. She looked down at the forest floor only to realise the big leather bound book littered with gold engravings laying on the ground. She sighs to herself and picked it up unenthusiastically.

" Dammit, Billie. Why couldn't you just give me a damn USB, it's the 21st century..." she grumbles in irritation as she started her trek out of the forest.

Unbeknownst to our protagonist, a soft glow emitted from her skin, making her seem like a shiny new needle in the dark haystack of the night. Her glow slowly dimmed the more she walked away, the leather book propped on her arms. Any right minded person would've found this picture rather peculiar. The woman wore a long silk dress that complimented her curves beautifully, her smooth golden hair framed her face perfectly, her green eyes emitted the same soft blue glow, and the strange leather book on her arms topped it all off as a finishing touch.

Without a doubt, Zenja Winchester resembled much of an angel. But every right minded person would've known that she was far from being one of those ethereal soldiers of the Lord.