Starting A New Life part 2

-Ash POV-

"Oh Yoba! I-I'm so sorry, I didn't m-mean to-!"

"Why are you talking to me? Can't you see I'm busy?" the young man growled.

He looked like he was in a sour mood, and his attire didn't look the neatest. His dark brown hair was brushed, but not well. He was wearing a blue polo with a capital J on it. He wore a blue cap on his head, which also had a capital J. Was he going to work or something? That's a Joja uniform. These fuckers are here, too?

He rushed away, going to work. I decided to finally go around town and introduce myself. It was already ten-thirty!

Near the southern part of town, I found a ginger-haired girl sitting under a tree. Her hair was tied into low buns. She wore a yellow button-up shirt and a brown pencil skirt with white knee high socks and brown buckled shoes. Her nose was buried in a book.

I waved and smiled "Hi, my name is Ash!"

She looked up at me "O-oh, hi... I'm Penny..."

"I'm gonna let you read now, bye!" I told her, walking off.

I noticed that it was noon, and that Gus was outside a building and flipping a sign. I walked over and read the sign, but encountered an old woman.

"Why, hello! And welcome to our little community, dear!" she welcomed "My name is Evelyn. You can call me 'Granny' if you like!"

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Evelyn! I'm trying to meet everyone here!"

She laughed a little "Just don't overwork yourself, you look simply exhausted. If you want to meet a lot of us, many people gather in the saloon on Friday"

I nodded "Thank you so much!"

Entering the Saloon, it was lit up with soft lighting. The wallpaper was mahogany and dark tan striped. The wood flooring was light, but had a few worn boards. On the back wall, there was a large shelf full of different alcoholic beverages, ceramic mugs and plates, and some towels. Next to the shelving was a painting and a bull skull. There were doors leading to the back, along with a jukebox. Red leather stools stood by the bar and pub tables, said tables having lanterns placed in the middle for lighting and atmosphere. There was also two dark red booths near the right side of the saloon, plus a fireplace and a huge bear statue.

I was about to explore the eastern section, but I got distracted by a girl with bright blue hair entering the saloon. She wore a red long-sleeved dress and looked happy as could be.

"Oh! Welcome to Stardrop Saloon and Stardew Valley! I'm Emily! I can read it on your face, you're gonna love it here!"

I nodded "Nice to meet you, Emily! Hey, what's in there?" I pointed to the east part of the Saloon.

"Oh! That's the arcade section. The games are only one coin, but only one of them works. There's also a vending machine and a pool table back there! It's a little lounge!"

"Thanks so much!" I checked my watch "It's four o'clock?! I need to plant my beans!"

I panicked and rushed out, I took the path down, running to the west of town. I pushed past a girl by accident, all I remember was that she had golden blonde hair and wore a blue tank top.

I only turned back to say "Sorry!" and continued to run back home.

It was already becoming five, and I was shaky. I can't believe how distracted I got from a bar! I looked around. I was lost? Yep, lost. I looked to my left and saw a river. To my right was a red and dark brown farmhouse. It wasn't mine, that's for sure! It had a pen for a couple cows, a silo, and barrels near the door. Wait, didn't Marine say she owned a ranch?

I knocked on the door, and heard a soft "Come on in!" from the inside.

I slowly opened the door, making sure to close it behind me.

Immediately, I saw a little girl with purple pigtails and a green bow. She wore a lavender colored dress and shoes. The girl was reading and looked nervous when I approached her.

"Um... Hi! My name's Ash, and I was wondering if this was where Marnie lived..."

"...Hi... I'm... I'm Jas..." she thought for a minute, then looked around the corner "Aunt Marnie is in the kitchen..."

"Thank you so much!" I beamed.

There, I found Marnie! She was putting something into her microwave, it looked like a microwaveable pizza.

"Hey uh... Marnie?" I started "I'm kinda lost and it's... It's getting late..."

Marnie looked up from the microwave "Oh!" she then laughed a little "I figured you'd get lost today! There should be a western path going up when you see my ranch. That should lead you straight back home! I hope that helps!"

"Thanks so much!" I started to go, but turned back around "You said you sold animals, right?"

"That's right! I sell chickens and cows for normal coops and barns, ducks and goats for the first upgrade, then rabbits, sheep, and pigs for the final upgrade! Robin should be able to build them for you tomorrow, granted you have money and materials"

"Right, I have to keep note of that..."

I put twelve more hatch-marks on the 'Introductions' page, and wrote down 'Raising Animals' on page three.

Raising Animals
Robin, the carpenter, can make a coop for materials and money. Ask Robin to build a coop when you have the money and stuff.

I smiled and waved bye to Marnie, going up the path and trying to figure out my way back home. I got home before seven, which was good considering how it was getting dark. I planted the five bean starters I bought and watered them, by then it was seven o'clock.

I was beat! I walked inside and got in my pajamas, getting in my bed and hoping I could get a good sleep.