Chapter Twenty-Five - Rebel to the Cause

SARA

I'd cried when I'd read Natasha's note. She'd told me she loved me, that she'd be back when the baby was born but that she didn't want tearful goodbyes, that she instead wanted to leave me with a 'see you later' and a smile.

I'd cried because she got me in a way, a strange way that was profound, and I appreciated her for it. But, I would also miss her like crazy because it'd been nice to have a girl like me around for a change, an ally I could talk about a lot of this shit with and have her react like I was reacting. I had Sona, and yeah, she was marvelous, but Tash had agreed with me when I said they were crazy, and she'd been able to laugh about it, whereas I'd never dream of saying anything like that to Sona who was basically the queen of this kingdom. And now that Tash was gone it was back to biting my tongue and hoping I didn't do the wrong thing or say the wrong thing.

I had a feeling Tash would be back sooner rather than later so I'd hold out until she was, maybe I'd even write down the crazy shit these people did so I'd have an arsenal to work through when she did.

Now, she'd been gone two days and I was running out of time. I'd told him I'd get creative and I was shit at being creative. I'd been online for most of those two days trying to figure out what in the fuck to get for a biker other than a new bike. I knew his was kind of broken-ish since it came back from the impound and he was pissed about that. I would have given him the gift of fixing it myself but I was figuring he would have either laughed me out of the room or glared at me if I'd tried. He was surely better at that stuff than me but it would have been a perfectly fine gift for a normal human who didn't worship a piece of machinery like these men did.

I was stuck and I didn't know what to do. I had four days to figure out a way to celebrate him turning thirty-five even though he'd given me well over ten grand of stuff for no good reason and I didn't know who to ask for help. I hadn't spoken to Sona or even Charlotte, other than texting her to say I was sorry and that text went unreplied, for three days. I was surrounded by bikers and the stray biker pussy and I was close to pulling my hair out.

I had considered the idea of breaking into his room in this place to look for clues but that was moronic since I didn't know how to break into stuff and even in there I knew there wasn't much to go on.

He liked bikes.

He liked pussy.

He liked beer but didn't drink too much since I'd never seen him blotto or even close.

He smoked weed once when I was around but that had been one puff and that was it.

He wore jeans and nothing else.

He wore t-shirts, hoodies and boots, sometimes a leather jacket, and nothing else.

I didn't even know if the man liked music, liked TV, liked movies. I had nothing at all to go on other than what he liked in bed and honestly, I was seven months pregnant and me getting dirty lingerie and trying to seduce him right now was more comical than anything.

I let out a frustrated noise that had Rough and Shift chuckling at the bar before I slapped the laptop shut and sat back in the couch to glare at them.

It was Friday afternoon and there were more of them around for obvious reasons, it was Friday, that meant drinking and fucking.

I sighed and rubbed at my belly where my more and more active boy was kicking around.

"What you fussing about?" Pile asked as he fell into the couch next to me, making me fall into him and his arm come around my shoulders. I was glad he was safe and free. I was not glad any of them had been in jail at all, but silver linings and all.