Journal entry|16

|October 23rd, 2018

|7:05pm-7:29pm

"My counselor told me to write about my parents divorce and all the events that followed that. So, I'm going to try.

My mom and dad divorced when I was around 9 years old. I was in 4th grade so it was kind of a little more rough. I remember seeing my dad pack all of his clothes and getting ready to leave. I went up to him and started crying. Hugging him, I asked him and begged why he had to leave and why my mom didn't love him anymore. I begged him to stay. I remember before the divorce when my dad wouldn't be home with my older brother, my mom would take me to go with her to see her boyfriend. She was cheating on my dad, and I didn't know. She would tell me not to tell my dad and me being a clueless child, obliged. I was 9.

The day she told my brother and I about the divorce, we were all sitting outside on the steps. My brother and I started to cry.

Skipping ahead. My mom, my brothers, and I were moving. This was when it started. The moving, the being kicked out, having to leave at 12 in the morning because the boyfriend of my mom was being abusive and we had to leave. Leave to someplace he wouldn't find us. We had moved so many times and he eventually got tired of him. So she kicked him out. After 4 years. Kicked him out and ended the relationship. It happened near my birthday, like majority of bad events in my life do. 

That year, my birthday was supposed to be good. But, my mother spent the entire day loved in her room, upset over the breakup. I understand though, I never liked my birthday anyway and I still don't.

Then she got another boyfriend. We had gotten kicked out again so we moved in with him. It was just my mom and me, since my brothers had chose to live with my dad. The boyfriend still lived with his parents so it almost felt as if we were just renting a room. I didn't have a home cooked meal for a year. We ate out everyday because we weren't allowed to be in his kitchen. 

Then, he kicked us out. Again, near my birthday.

He didn't let us take our belongings and took it all from us. Everything. My backpack, my clothes, my gifts, my mother's jewelry, her important documents. Everything was gone. And we never managed to get it back, even with calling the police.

For an entire month, my mom and I had to live off of one outfit. Two if we managed to buy something but money was scarce. Thankfully though, my dad let us in so we had somewhere to stay. My parents got me enrolled into my old school and I went back for the last month that was left. 

Eventually, my mom had managed to buy a house. A house of our own. Finally. We didn't have to worry about being kicked out anymore, or renting. No more eating out everyday. We were finally stable. 

I stayed at my old school for two months until we could move into our new house and get me enrolled to yet again, another new school. It's been a year since we got our house.

I've gone from renting, living in someone's basement, being kicked out, being homeless, moving schools constantly, to finally stable. After six horrible years. 

Bye <3"