13

'You gave part of your essence, and allowed him back to earth.'
    'He has to much, and his heart is pure, he must fight if we will not!' She shouted back.
   'You have been hereby condemned!' Plunging further down, falling, pain straight through back. 'Have your mortal.'
I shook my head as I sat in the garden, suddenly looking around, surrounded by the roses and other pretty bright color flowers. My heart racing in my chest, I had been in the main part of the church, Father Barnes had been looking through his bible. I looked upward, a small bird tweeted in the trees above me.
It hopped from branch to branch, singing its song, it's tiny head flitting back and forth as it moved. Then it unfurled it's wings and jumped from the branch before flying off, high up its body becoming a black dot on a bright blue sky. Condemned. Mortal. Your kind. So far from home. Little bird. Sparrow. A jumbled mess of thoughts, pain and light, falling.
   I turned and bumped into Father Barnes, my eyes met his.
    "You okay?" He asked, corn washing across his face. "You just kind of wandered off while I was talking to you."
    "I have.." I looked up to him, the child, the one from so long ago. "Been condemned?"
    "Sparrow, you have not been condemned. Why would you think that?" He asked, sliding his hand up my arm.
    My heart began to beat wildly in my chest, fear and pain flooded through me. I could feel a tear slip down my cheek as I took a step back my eyes trained to the ground. The child, the brown hair, bright blue eyes begging to live. It wasn't a dream, I knew him, I gave him.. life, gave him the ability to see the damned. My fingers tremble as my legs went out, allowing me to slowly sink to my knees. The priest catching me under my arms.
    "Sparrow!" His voice sounded fade, the edges of my vision began to darken. He was the child I saved, he was the reason for my fall.
~~~
     Bucky say on the edge of his cot, his eyes trained on her, hands pressed together, finger tips to his lips. He never thought he'd ever worry so much about another person as he did her, and that made him worry further. The feelings stirring inside him were at war with his mind.
   Suddenly he stood and walked over to his desk, eyes focused on the black book, the one he had devoted much of his life to. The one he tried to follow that now made him wonder what he was doing. He sighed heavily, his mind in a whirlwind, he emotions toying with him.
   "Bucky." Sparrows voice lifted from behind him. He looked over his should at her, the way she looked him, something had changed, her demeanor. She seemed to be different and the same all at once.
    "Sparrow." He breathed, relief washing through him. She stood from the cot and walked to him, her hand sliding up his arm, leaving a trailing warmth in its place as she too looked down at the book.
    "Many years ago a boy came to me, and I was to bring him to the light. A boy with heart so pure and soul aching to do good, his face stained with tears and his back stained in crimson from the wound on his head." She spoke, her voice confident and sure, Bucky could feel his brows furrow at her as she talked. "I remember now. Father, you must forgive me, for I have sinned, I gave a part of myself to a mortal boy and sent him home, with the promise he would do good in this world."
    "Sparrow.." He whispered, watching her as she slowly turned her head toward him.
   "And he did, even when the weight of the world was crushing down on him, he did good. Even though he thinks he has lost his faith, he has done good." She spoke directly to him, eyes slowly turning colors before him, white slowly replacing the color he had become so use to seeing. "I watched from above, watched him as he grew and kept him off the radar of my kind. He was fighting the fight that we had been told to stay away from, he grew into a man, a man I found myself proud of, one I had fallen for. They found out though."
    He stood in disbelief, but slowly everything started to click. The feeling of demons, seeing them, the scars that lined her back. Her not knowing so many human responses, it all started to become crystal clear to him.
    "I was condemned to earth, to live a mortal life, my grace ripped from me as I was thrown and cast out." She continued, her eyes slowly began to change back to those he had always seen. "I hurtle to earth, in pain, so much pain. They had ripped my memories from me, but they couldn't take my abilities fully from me, and I could still see the shadow demons, and the others. When I ran, I ended up running to the part of me I gave to the child. I ran to you."
   He was left standing speechless, she was the reason he had lived all those years ago. An angel had been watching over him just as his mother had said. And because of him she had lost everything, lost her place in heaven, lost her grace, she was human just like he was.
    "I'm so sorry Sparrow." He said, guilt coursing through him.
    "Don't be, cause I'm certainly not." She replied, her eyes still lingering on his, determination set in them. "Whether or not I will ever go home I made the right choice that day. I would never change it, you deserved to live and you kept your promise to me."
    "But.. I don't feel like I have, I have sinned as well, my mind isn't pure of thought." He stumbles through trying to find the right words. "Sparrow, how can I be a man of god if I've fallen in love with someone and think of them the way I have."
    "Bucky, being a man of god and doing good don't have to fall in line. You can still do the good you want without being a priest." She replied with a smile. "But, you are right, we have work to do."