Chapter 1

*Corinna's POV*

"Ouch leave me alone daddy" I screamed while daddy kept hitting me. "Owww" I cried "Shut up little girl" daddy yelled. I hit him as hard as a seven year old kid could and I ran out the door. I ran as far as a my little legs could take me and I found myself outside the police station so I walked in. "Hello little girl, how may I help you" the guy at the desk asked. "My daddy won't stop hitting me. Please help" I cried out. "Come with me." The man said so I followed him."What's you're name?" He asked me "I..I'm Corinna. What is yours?" I asked "Drew" he said "okay I like that name" I said and he smiled down at me. "Hello, this is Corinna. She said her dad has been hitting her and won't stop." Drew whispered to a lady. "Hello Corinna, I'm officer Myers. I'm going to take you to the hospital. Is that okay?" She asked and I nodded. "Okay come on" she said. We walked outside and I got into the back of the copcar and got scared. "Why is it caged? I'm scared" I asked. "Don't be scared it's caged for the bad guys like your father" she said. "Oh okay" I said. About 10 minutes later we pulled into the hospital parking lot and she carried me into the hospital and went to the front desk. "Hello, I'm Officer Myers and this is Corinna. She said she was beaten by her father and I need to get her checked out" Officer Myers said. "Okay, have a seat and the doctor will call her back in a few minutes" The lady said. We walked over and sat in the chairs and Officer Myers asked me why I was so skinny and I said "Because daddy doesn't feed me" and then she asked "what about you're mother" and then I started to cry "Mommy died" I cried out. "Aww I'm sorry honey" she said. Then the doctor called my name and I followed him back into a room. "Hello, I'm doctor McGraw. What seems to be the problem?" He asked and I pulled up my shirt to show him my stomach and it was covered in bruises. "Aww sweetie. Who did this to you?" He asked "my daddy" I said. "Did he hurt you anywhere else?" He asked and I pointed to my legs and my private part."What happened there?" He asked pointing to my private part. "Daddy touches me there all the time and it hurts" I said "We need to go get pictures of your bruises. Is that okay?" He asked and I nodded. "Do whatever you have to do" I said. I followed him back into this room that was kinda dark and it had a big camera and I was a little scared but I knew he would help me. "Okay I need you to take off your shirt and pants okay?" The doctor said and I did what I was told. He took the pictures then took me back into the waiting room where Officer Myers was and told her what he did to me. Then we signed out and Officer Myers took me to a big building that looked old. "What am I doing here?" I asked "Your going to be living here for a while until someone adopts you" she said "What does adopt mean?" I asked and she explained that it meant I would live with a new and better family and I smiled. "What about daddy" I asked and my smile faded. "Your daddy is going to go to jail for a long time" she said. I then got out of the car and so did she and we walked into the adoption center. I immediately ran to a little girl who was about my age and said "Hi! I'm Corinna" I said and she said "Hello, I'm Maria" and I smiled. "Is it fun here" I asked and she nodded. "Really fun" she said excitedly. "Let's be friends" I said and she nodded "That would be great. I never had a friend before" she said. "Me either" I said back. Officer Myers then walked over to me and asked me to follow her to the front desk and answer some questions so I did. "How old are you?" She asked "seven" I said. "What is you're full name?" She asked "Corinna Marie Saunders" I said and she wrote everything down. She also asked me my birthday date and some other questions that I had to answer. "Okay, I have to go. I'll be back to visit you soon" she said then started to walk away but I ran to her and jumped up and hugged her. "Please don't go" I cried. "I have to sweetie. I'll be back soon I promise." She said and put me down. "Okay. I will miss you" I said. "I'll miss you too. Goodbye" she said "Goodbye" I said while still crying.

*Carrie's POV*

"Mike" I said softly. "Yes baby" he said "Since the doctors said I can't have a baby can we umm... adopt?" I asked and he smiled "Of course we can baby" he said and I sighed in relief. "Can we adopt a girl maybe about six or seven?" I asked. "Whatever you want" he said still smiling. "How about we go tomorrow" he asked "sounds good to me" I said. "Now let's get some rest. We have a long day ahead of us" Mike said and kissed my cheek. "Okay, sounds good to me. I'm really excited" I said falling asleep. "Me too baby.. Me too" Mike said then we both drifted off to sleep.

{NEW FANFIC. WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK SO FAR? COMMENT AND VOTE! I WILL ALSO BE DOING ANOTHER FANFIC CALLED ADOPTED MY MIRANDA LAMBERT! I'LL START IT WHEN THIS STORY GETS 50 READS. I LOVE Y'ALL. XO💕}