Chapter 2

*Carrie's POV**

-Next Morning-

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock. It's now 8:00 am and we're leaving at 11:00 to go to the adoption center to find a little girl to adopt. I am really excited and nervous. What if the girl we adopt doesn't like us? I began to become a nervous reck. "Mike, what if she doesn't like us?" I ask as Mike is just waking up. "Don't think that way Care, she is gonna love us" he said hopefully I thought. "I'm so nervous" I said. "Don't be everything is gonna be fine" he assured me. I then get out of bed and got in the shower. I undressed and got in. I washed my body and hair and then got out and walked into my room to put some clothes on. I decided on wearing a pair of light blue skinny jeans with a baby blue top from my blown away tour that says 'Blown Away' on it. I then walked into the bathroom again and blow dried my hair and decided to straighten my hair today. I don't do that often only on special occasions mostly. After I finish doing my hair I brush my teeth and put light makeup on. I walked out of the bathroom and saw Mike. He was wearing a pair of jeans with a 'Nashville Predators' sweatshirt of course. "Aren't you gonna dress up a little?" I asked and he shook his head. "I'd rather not" he said and I slightly laughed. "Well okay then" I said exiting the bedroom. It's 10:00 am now and I can't believe I took that long to get ready. Wow I thought to myself. I made breakfast for Mike and I. I made blueberry pancakes. Mike walked downstairs and we ate breakfast then we left. "I'm so nervous Mike" I said shaking. "It's fine baby girl" Mike assured me but it didn't really help. We drove to the shelter in silence. When we got there they asked us for our names and what sex of child and age we wanted to adopt and then we had to sign some papers.

*Corinna's POV*

I was told I had to go to the front desk and answer some questions so I walked down the steps and you would never guess who I saw. CARRIE MARIE UNDERWOOD! She was my favorite singer ever. I never really got to listen to music that often because of my dad but when I did I always listened to her. I walked over to the desk and a lady asked me to follow her so I did. She took me into a very quit room where no one was. "Hi, I'm Megan. I want to get to know you a little better." She said and I nodded. "What do you want to know" I asked "Well, what do you like to do for fun?" She asked. "I never really got to do anything but I really enjoy singing and listening to music" I said "Who is your favorite singer?" She asked. "Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley" I said and she nodded. "Mrs.Fisher or Mrs.Underwood whatever you wanna call her" she laughed "Is actually down stairs right now" she said. "I know I saw her" I said. "What else do you like to do?" She asked. "I also like playing with dolls." I said. "How about today we go and get you a doll?" She asked while writing stuff down." I would love that. My daddy never let me get any dolls" I said. "Aww sweetheart I'm sorry" she frowned. "It's okay Megan" I said and smiled. "You can go now" she said and I walked out.

*Carrie's POV*

I seen this little girl walk downstairs while we were at the front desk. She looked like she had been beaten. "Who is that little girl" I whispered to the lady at the desk. "Her name is Corinna. She came yesterday. She used to get abused by her father" she whispered back and my smile turned into a a frown. How could someone ever hurt their child or any child for that matter. I was about to walk over to the Corinna but when I turned back around she was gone. "You can go look around and talk to some of the children if you'd like" the lady at the front desk said. Me and Mike nodded and we walked off. When we walked into the one room upstairs everyone looked at us. "Hello, I'm Carrie" I said and Mike said "Hi, I'm Mike". All the children said hello and we walked over to a little girl who looked maybe about five or six. "Hello,I am Rachel." The little girl said. "I'm Carrie and this is Mike" I said pointing to Mike. "How old are you" I asked. "I four" she said smiling. "How long have you been here" I asked curiously. "Since I was born I think" she said and I frowned. "Aww I'm sorry sweetheart" I said. I then saw Corinna again and walked over to her. "Hi, I'm Carrie" I said waving. Her mouth immediately dropped. "I..I know who you are" she said. "I'm Corinna" she said. "Nice to meet you." I said. "It's nice meeting you too Carrie. Is that Mike the hockey player?" She asked. "Yes it is. How do you know?" I asked "Well he is my favorite hockey player. I used to always sneak into the living room at night to watch hockey" she said and I smiled. "How old are you?" I asked. "I'm seven" she said. "You seem really mature for a seven your old" I said. "Well my daddy would always leave me home alone so I kinda had to raise myself while he was gone" she said. "Oh, what about your mom?" I asked and she started to tear up. "Never mind.. Just forget I asked" i said softly. "It's okay, my mom died a few years ago" she said. "I'm so sorry sweetheart." I said. "It's fine" she said with a small smile. "How would you like for me and Mike to adopt you?" I asked. "Really?" She asked looking up at Mike and he nodded. "Really" Mike said smiling. "I would love that" she said and I smiled. "Well let's go sign some papers and get you to your new home" I said.

{SO I WROTE THIS CHAPTER AT 1 AM.WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK OF IT. IM REALLY TIRED SO SORRY IF THERE IS ANY MISTAKES. KEEP READING IF YOU WANT ME TO WRITE 'ADOPTED BY MIRANDA LAMBERT' IM AT 26 READS RIGHT NOW AND I NEED 50! KEEP COMMENTING AND VOTING. I LOVE Y'ALL. XO💕}