Chapter 5

*Corinna's POV*

-2 weeks later-

I wake up to Carrie shaking me. "Huh" I asked. "Breakfast is ready" She said. "Okay. I'll be down but first I gotta go to the bathroom"I said... "Okay" Carrie said picking me up carrying me to the bathroom. "Here ya go" she said putting me down. "Thank you" I say and she nodded. "I'll be out in a minute" I say and walk into the bathroom. I think Carrie is a really good mother. She is so kind and loving. I'm afraid to call her mama though... What if she thinks I'm weird for calling her that since I'm not her real child... Oh well it's worth a try. I just need to wait for the perfect moment. After I finished using the bathroom I washed my hands and walked downstairs. "Morning daddy" I say waving at Mike. He has a big smile on his face now... "Good morning sweetheart" he said "what did you make for breakfast Carrie?" I asked. "I made blueberry pancakes" she said. "Yummy" I say rubbing my stomach. "What are we doing today?" I asked. "Well my mother and father want to meet you so their flying in today" Carrie told me. "Do I get to call them grandma and grandpa?" I ask. "I'm sure they would love that" Carrie said. Carrie seems a little upset that I'm calling everyone grandma, grandpa, and daddy but didn't call her mama but I'm just to afraid to.. When grandma and grandpa get here I'll call her mama. "Here's your pancakes" Carrie said handing me a plate. "Thank you" I say. "You're welcome" she says. "What are we gonna do until grandma and grandpa get here?" I ask. "We were just planning on watching movies. Is that okay?" Mike asked. "Yeah it's fine" I say smiling. "I'm glad I have you as a daddy now" I say to Mike. "And I'm glad I have you as a daughter now" Mike said. "Excuse me" Carrie says while leaving the dining room. "Is she okay?" I asked. "I don't know." Mike said. "I will go check on her" I say and get up and walk upstairs to find Carrie in her room. "Hello?" I asked while entering her room. "Oh hi Corinna" she says while wiping the tears away. "What's wrong" I ask worriedly. "Oh it's nothing" she says. "I know I'm only seven but you can tell me" I said. "Well, why aren't you calling me mom or mama or mother or whatever you'd call me?" She asked. "I was waiting for the right time. I didn't think you would like me calling you mama since I'm not your real child" I say. Now I'm crying... "Aww baby... Don't cry. You are my real daughter. I might have not given birth to you but I love you just as much as I would have loved you as my own" she said and I smile. "I love you mama" I say and she is now smiling. "I love you too baby girl" she says. "Are you okay now?" I ask. "Never better"she says smiling.

I love my new mamma

*Carrie's POV*

She called me mama! Oh my gosh. I've been waiting for this moment since we adopted her two weeks ago. She is such a sweetheart. I really love her. And when she said she wasn't my real child my heart broke. I didn't want her thinking like that. She will always be my real daughter no matter what. "How about we go watch movies now" I say and she smiles getting down from the bed. "Okay" she said. We walked downstairs and went into the family room. "You okay?" Mike asks. "Never been better" I say looking at Corinna and we both smile. Mike put in the movie 'Frozen' since it's Corinna's favorite. Mike and I are sitting on the couch and Corinna is over on the love seat. "Come here baby girl" I say putting my arm out for her to come over and cuddle with me. "Okay mama" she says smiling. She walks over and lays down on my lap and I stroke her hair. "She called you mama" Mike mouthed out to me. "I know" I mouthed back so Corinna wouldn't hear.

My life couldn't get any better

{I think this is a cute chapter🙌! I really enjoy writing this story. How many of my fanfics do y'all read? Comment and tell me☺️ The next chapter is gonna be when Carrie's parents are there.. Do you think they'll like Corinna? Anyways keep commenting and voting. I love y'all. Xo💕}