A Fox To Loose

Iraneth was running up and down the floors of the shrine outside with a rag. Mikage sweat dropped at her. "Um, is this necessary? Can't you guys just use your magic to clean?" Iraneth stopped and sat on her knees looking up at Mikage. "Most Yokai can. However, when I lived with Lady Diani it was she who kept the shrine prosperous with that crystal. I can do no such things. I am limited to my abilities so long as I am contracted to that crystal and a god." Mikage pulled the crystal out of his Yukata and looked at it curiously. "You're contracted to this? Why and how?" Iraneth frowned down at the floor. "If I may Lord Mikage. I would wish to speak of those matters later when we are not in open area." He nodded looking at her seriously as he put the crystal back. "This crystal must be a dangerous thing if even Diani died for it." Iraneth nodded. "It is, now if you'll excuse me." She got back onto her toes grabbing the rag continuing her cleaning. Kotetsu looked down at the crystal in Mikage's hand. "Lord Mikage, where did she get that from?" Mikage placed it back into his Yukata. "It would be in your best interest to forget you saw it Kotetsu." Kotetsu nodded. Tomoe walked out of the dark corner he was hiding in and stood beside Mikage. "What is this crystal you two were talking about?" Mikage looked at Tomoe. "I'm sorry Tomoe, but I'm afraid it would be in your best interest as well to forget about that conversation and ignore any other conversation we have about it. It would be best if you ask her if she's willing to let you know. Otherwise I can't tell you anything." Mikage turned and walked away. Tomoe narrowed his eyes at Iraneth watching her run by.

After Iraneth's last run around the shrine on the floor she sat back on her knees and wiped her forehead with the back of her hand. She sighed looking around at the garden in the back. "Don't even bother with that. I'll take care of it." She sighed looking up at Tomoe with a scowl. "What do you want now?" He walked over to her and bent over to be at her height. "Well I could make this simple and say you, but you would just make things harder wouldn't you?" Her scowl turned into a glare. "Don't fool around Tomoe, what is the reason you've been watching me?" He stood up and gave her a serious look before bending down and grabbing her arm pulling her with him. He dragged her down the hall of the shrine with her yelling at him in anger. "Hey! Where are you taking me you stupid fox!?" Mikage opened his door and watched the two run down the hall. "Um, Tomoe?" Tomoe didn't stop as he continued to drag Iraneth down the hall ignoring Mikage's calls. He pulled her into his room and slammed his door shut throwing her against the door. She glared at him as he pinned her with his hands on either side of her. "Tell me Iraneth. What is that crystal?" She looked at him in disbelief. "That's what this is about?!" He huffed moving back folding his arms across his chest. "Just tell me." She glared up at him. "Like hell I will!" She turned around grabbing the edge of the door and he grabbed her wrist pulling her to him away from the door. "Come on Iraneth. If that crystal is that special you can tell me." She growled at him looking at him over her shoulder. "Why should I tell you anything!? You left me all those years ago for a stupid mortal!" He frowned and scowled at her. "Mortal? What are you talking about?" She scowled at him and they both looked at the door as Mikage knocked on the wood of it. "Tomoe? Is everything alright?" She snatched her wrist away from him opening the door walking past Mikage. "Everything is fine Lord Mikage. Though I would like to speak to you privately if I may?" He nodded looking between the two before following Iraneth to his room. He shut the door behind them and sat across from her in the center of his room. She sighed running her fingers through her hair. "Before we begin our discussion Lord Mikage. I would Like to ask you a question about Tomoe if I may?" Mikage nodded. She frowned at the floor. "Why does he not remember the mortal he met years ago?" Mikage lifted a finger up at her. "That is a serious discussion Iraneth and it is best to be left in this room. That woman nearly killed him and is the reason he is here." Iraneth looked at him and nodded. "I see. So you've made him forget then." Mikage nodded placing his hands in his lap. "Now for our discussion." Mikage pulled the crystal out of his Yukata holding it in front of him. "Tell me Iraneth, why and how are you sealed to this crystal?" She sighed looking away for a moment before looking back at him seriously. "I will have to start with the how before I can answer the why. I am sealed to that crystal by my very being. You hold my life Lord Mikage." Mikage looked down at the crystal in shock before looking at her. She sighed frowning at the floor. "When I met Lady Diani, I had just come from a fight with a few gods. I managed to escape with my life thankfully but those dammed gods were after my head for torching their shrines. In compensation for my safety and protection Lady Diani took me in and made a deal with them that she would seal away half of my power so I couldn't cause such havoc again. I was known for causing chaos anyway. Evidently she knew that I would go around and terrorize villages destroying them and killing any mortal who got in my way." He hummed in thought looking at her. "I see. So this is your sealed power then. So other Yokai are after this to gain power?" She nodded closing her eyes. The room was silent for a moment before she looked up at him. "Lord Mikage, Lady Diani died keeping that safe and out of any Yokai's hands. Please, I do not wish for the same fate to befall upon you." He rose his hand silencing her. "Don't worry about me Iraneth. I won't be taken down like that. Diani was a powerful woman no doubt but she just wasn't strong enough to protect a Yokai and herself. I have you and Tomoe to help me if such thing were to happen. Besides, I have other gods nearby to come to my aid. Lady Diani lived isolated on that mountain away from everyone else. She didn't like to be near others. It's just the way she was. It was bound to happen. You're safe here." Iraneth frowned at him. "I hope you're right, please take care of that crystal Lord Mikage. Also, use it when you need to. As my master you as well can use it's power." He looked at it with intrest. "Really?" She nodded. "All you have to do is have it on you. My power is yours Lord Mikage." He held the crystal to his chest giving her a soft smile. "I will take good care of it don't worry." She nodded and stood up. "I think we are done talking. Thank you Lord Mikage." He nodded and watched her leave the room. She walked down to the kitchen to begin preparing a meal for Mikage.