Years To Pass

Mikage waited for Iraneth as she was grabbing her basket. She ran to the entrance door where Mikage was waiting for her. She gave him a small smile and he gave her one back. He turned to Tomoe who had walked into the room. "We're heading into town Tomoe. Take good care of the shrine while we're away. We'll see you when we get back." She turned away from him and followed Mikage out of the shrine. Once outside of the gates and down the stairs she looked at Mikage. "Are you sure you want to do this Lord Mikage?" He closed his eyes sighing. "No, but we have things we have to settle out here. Just let Tomoe take care of the shrine." She nodded and looked at him seriously. "You have the crystal right?" He pat his chest smiling. "Always." She gave him a gentle smile and nodded. "Good. You should keep it too Lord Mikage. Use it well." He gave her a small nod as they continued to walk.

20 Years Later

Mikage looked at a girl who was approaching them. "What about her?" Iraneth hummed in thought. "I suppose she'll be alright, but how are you?-" she was cut short as she watched him climb up a tree a bit. She looked down at a dog that had come by that had taken notice of them. "Iraneth. Get up here." She rolled her eyes at him and climbed up into the tree sitting on a high branch. The dog began barking at them and she did her best not to growl at it. She gave Mikage a 'really?' look as he began crying for help. The girl rushed over and shooed the dog away. He climbed down the tree as Iraneth jumped down. The girl's eyes widened seeing her and Iraneth could sense her panic. "You!" Iraneth rose a brow at her. "Have we met?" Mikage chuckled nervously. "Please ladies." Iraneth rolled her eyes at him and turned away from the two to let him talk to her.

After a bit of talking Iraneth walked over to the two who were sitting on a bench. She looked at the map he had drawn and sighed. "Nanami jumped in surprise and jumped off the bench. Mikage stood up and Iraneth moved beside him. Nanami bowed to Mikage before running off. Iraneth looked at Mikage. "Are you sure she's fit for the job? You don't think after being gone this long Tomoe is going to be a little harsh on her do you?" He smiled at her. "I'm sure he will, but everything will work out fine. I want you to return to the shrine as well." Her eyes widened. "What? I'm not leaving you Lord Mikage. It's too dangerous." He grabbed her hand and pat it holding it in both of his. "Everything will be alright Iraneth. I will hold onto your crystal don't worry. I will protect it in hiding. Now you should probably head on over." She sighed and bowed her head. "Yes Lord Mikage." She rose onto her toes and kissed his cheek before turning away and left him. He smiled watching her leave and placed his hand over where the crystal was in his Yukata.

Iraneth entered the shrine late in the night and smirked. "No one home huh? I wonder where they've gone? Maybe I should go check on them and make sure Tomoe isn't killing her." She ran off following Tomoe's sent and jumped into a tree seeing Tomoe standing in one with the shrine spirits in it as well while Nanami was climbing for her life. Iraneth sighed bowing her head. "This stupid fox is useless." She jumped into the tree next to Tomoe. "You stupid fox. Your just as useless as I remember." His eyes widened seeing her and she glared at him. "Well? This is your new land god. Help her." His shock instantly disappeared at her words and he glared at her. "This is no god of mine. Where is Mikage? You never leave him unprotected." She frowned looking away which shocked him more. She looked down as the witch who was chasing Nanami and had grabbed Nanami's ankle. Iraneth smirked at Tomoe. "Whelp. It was nice knowing you. Have a nice trip." He looked at her confused until he felt someone grab his ankle. She chuckled looking down at Nanami. "Here, let me help you." She shoved Tomoe off the branch causing him to fall with Nanami. Iraneth bent over laughing hysterically with her arm wrapped around her waist as she watched Tomoe's misfortune unfold. She jumped out of the tree and walked over to the old witch. "I would normally let Yokai go, but you have attacked my new mistress." She grabbed the witch by her hair and forced her head back before slicing her neck with her claw like nails. The witch fell over gasping for air holding her neck until she stopped struggling. Iraneth flung the blood of her fingers to the side. "You've gotten more violent then I remember." She turned glaring at Tomoe. "Watch it fox. Just because I have to live with you doesn't mean I can't make your life hell." Nanami coward down in Tomoe's arms afraid of Iraneth. The two looked at the scared girl confused. "You were just chased by all kinds of Yokai and you're terrified of me?" Nanami pointed a finger at Iraneth angrily. "You're the one who killed my friend!" Iraneth's brows rose a bit. "Oh?" She placed her index finger on her chin in thought. "A girl who had a friend." Nanami began fuming. Iraneth hit the palm of her hand with the bottom of her fist lightly. "Oh that friend. So you're that girl? Sorry about that. You caught me in a bad time." Nanami had tears piling in her eyes as she looked at Iraneth angrily. Iraneth bowed a bit to Nanami with a fake smile. "I'm Iraneth. From here on I shall be your familiar. Courtesy to Lord Mikage." Tomoe narrowed his eyes at her. "We're going to have a talk later." She glared at him. "I'm boarding up my door and window you stupid fox." Tomoe turned and began walking back to the shrine with the shrine spirits and Iraneth following.