Chapter two

Churro stares at the Umbreon. " So that's a yes?! I will come with you! I always wanted a travel buddy! Yeppie!" Cheered Eon.

Churro put a paw to his mouth. " I'll let you come. Only if you can direct me someplace." Churro told him, disappointing the Umbreon. The Umbreon then got an excited look.

He wagged his tail. " I can show you the Starter Squad!" He barked. " How'd you-" Churro began before Eon put a paw over his mouth and said, " Powers, remember. Too OP." Eon then grasps Churro from his tail.

" Hey! My tail!" Churro exclaims in anger, throwing his fists at the Umbreon, who just carefully placed him on his back.

" Calm down. If you want to join the Starter Squad I'll bring you. Just relax. You've got a wound. Let me carry you." Eon commented. " It's just a scar." Churro commented, hiding the scar now.

" It could open up again. If you go to the Squad now you're just gonna kill yourself when it opens up again." Eon states. This Pokémon is acting too caring. I hate it. Churro thought.

Eon continues to talk, but Churro ignores him. Annoying overrated asshole. He thought, proud of himself for coming up with it. Even more proud he didn't say it out loud. That Umbreon looks like he could piss on me.

" Are you listening to me?" Eon asked, curiousness lit on his face. He didn't seem annoyed. Just curious. Is he this curious about everything? He asked himself.

Churro sighed. " No." he answered truthfully. He wanted to lie, but he couldn't for some odd reason. Eon's scarf hid Eon's face. " I asked why you wanted to go to the Squad now? Are you that powerful?" Eon asked.

Okay he's way too interested in my life. Churro thought. " Well, I do think I am a Starter so of course I am strong. Stronger than that powerhouse of a leader anyways." Churro bragged.

" You almost died thanks to a Charizard. Wouldn't you want to make sure that doesn't happen again? Plus Paarthurnax is pretty incredible. I met him when I was only seven could you believe that?" Eon asked.

Churro just looked at him. " Then again he was only a Charmeleon back then." Eon continued. Churro slumped. " Anyways, back to the question: why are you in such a hurry to get to the Starter squad?" Eon asked.

Churro sighed. " I have a huge family made of....15 plus Treeckos. Every year my family sends one of us off to the Squad to join. Every year they die. Now it's my turn and I only have my little brother left. I'm hoping that the sooner I get there, the sooner I can become the best and keep my little brother from being forced to join the squad." Churro explained.

" What's his name?" Eon asked. " He's just called Treecko. My parents stopped giving names by the time he was born." Churro explained. A knot in his chest uncurled.

A smile was brought upon his face. Eon continued to walk, forest as far the eye can see were in view. " Tell me more about this younger brother of yours." Eon urged, seeming interest. " Fine. Only because you're begging." Churro said with a grin.

This felt nice to not try to be the hero for once. Churro thought a little harder on his younger brother. By...around a few years. " He's the youngest of us all. There was three shinies in my family before the Starter Squad sent them all on the battle field, killing them." Churro explained.

Eon only nodded, his eyes filled with pity. I have no time for your dumb pity! Churro thought harshly, folding his arms.

" He knows Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Quick Attack, and Double Team." Churro explained. " He seems to think he's on some pathetic hero team with his lackey of friends." Churro commented. He hated his brother's friends. One claimed they could beat him in a battle. And he was a freaking Water-type.

That wouldn't have ended well if they did have a battle. " Friends?" Eon asked. " Yes. His Pokéfriends." Churro states. " What are these pokefriends of his?" Eon asked with excitement.

" They are named Pikachu, Litten, and Froakie." Churro explained. " He goes off on some adventure with them every day and comes back claiming they did something fun, when in reality it's nothing really all to awesome. They're a strange bunch really." Churro dismisses with a wave of his paw.

" Can you tell me what they are like?" Eon asked, blinking with interest. " Well my brother, Treecko acts like he's the ringleader. He's like an annoying version of my Mom. Sweet, but really boastful. His friend, Pikachu is sort of shy. She has a powerful electric attack though." Treecko told him.

He shivered. " Found that out the hard." He stated as Eon continued to walk. " Litten. He's the creepy one out of the bunch. He's a little lazy, but yells when Pokémon don't run or walk his speed."

" He has the mental capacity of a toddler. It's annoying because he keeps wanting to eat me." Churro whined. Eon just put on some shades. Churro got a little weirded out with that.

" What about Froakie? He sounds awesome." Eon asked. Churro looked at him like he was Tauros shit. " No. He's the worst of them all. Claims he's the best just because he's one of the strongest of them all." Churro growled with hate.

" I hate him so much! So overrated! So annoying! He says he can beat me in a battle any day. He's overconfidence. He's someone I hate. He thinks everyone likes him when in reality at least half the Pokémon he meets either hates him or feels sorry for him. I don't know why Treecko is friends with such a self centered jerk like him." Churro over exaggerates.

" You just need to see him the way that Treecko does. You're just jealous of Froakie. But at least he doesn't try to get a claw mark just because he wants to prove he's strong." Eon states, making Churro's jaw agape.