IX. We needed time

IX. We needed time

“Oh wow you’re extra early today. I just about to knock on your door.” Jennie said standing just in front of the door. “Yeah well I had a nice sleep thanks to you guys.” I smiled to which she smiles back. “There’s pancakes on the table.” I nodded.  I moaned when I taste her pancakes “Seriously Jen your pancakes are amazing.” I said it out load since she’s in her room. “Aww thank you and you look amazing.” She complimented as soon as she finished putting clothes. I looked at her “And so are you. Are you dressed because of a certain basketball boy?” I teased and to my surprise she blushed “Pssh what are you talking about. How about you are dressed for Sehun? Don’t even think that I don’t know about him inviting you to their practice.” She teased back

“I just want to see them practice since you’ll be home together with them anyway.” I said like its not a big deal. “Just make sure to wait for me , okay?” I nodded my head laughing slightly. “Of course we’ll wait for you. Now come on.” I said. She checked her watch for the time. “But we still have 30 minutes to spare.” She said pouting. “You know what, the first time I saw you I thought you’re snobby.” I said to her. She looks at me not at all bothered at what I said “Well that’s all what they say. You’re not the first one to say that.” she said nonchalantly. “But when I get to know you you’re such a sweetheart.” I said cheering her. “Aww thank you Lili.” She said. “Lili?” I said “ Yeah Lili. Can call I you that? Its cute.” She said. “You can call me whatever you want. Oh by the way I’m going to apply a part-time job so that I can repay you.” She whipped her head facing to me “Hey I never told you to repay me. We’ve talked about this Li. Its okay that you’re living here accompanying me.” She said.

“Are you sure?” I asked her and she nodded her head. “Well if you insist. Don’t worry I always receive a monthly allowance from my scholarship. I’ll just buy some groceries.” She nodded her head absentmindedly “ Well if that’s what you want. Lets go?” We went to school together. So this is what it feels like to have a friend to go to school together. I always went to school together with Jungkook or sometime I go alone because he’s too tired for his practice. It feels different.

I have been spending my entire time with Jungkook. Whenever he goes to parties he always makes me come with him or whenever he has practice he always wants me to watch him, he always says he could concentrate on his practice if I’m with him. I never missed any of his baseball match. I have always been the supportive girlfriend whether he loses or he wins I always cheer him up but I don’t think I can do that now. “Earth to Lisa! You’re spacing out.” Jennie snapped me out of my thoughts. I faced her “What were you saying?” I asked

“I said don’t miss you first class today.” I nodded my head “Don’t worry. It was only one time.”  I said. “Whenever Jungkook comes to you…” She didn’t get to finish as we arrive in my locker “What about me?” I was taken aback because Jungkook is acting like his usual self today. “I swear Lili. You have the hottest ex-boyfriend ever.” Jennie whispered to me. I gave her the eye that says shut up or else. “What are you doing here?” I said to him. I heard girls whispering to each other “I thought they’ve broken up.” “I wanted to see you.” He said. I opened my locker and get the books I need. “Do you want to have lunch together?” he asked “As friends.” Friends. Why did that hurt when he said it. “Jennie and I are having lunch together." I said turning him down. Just then Sehun and Chanyeol passed by us. “Good morning Lisa. Good Morning Jen.” Chanyeol said too cheerfully. We nooded our heads.

As soon as they saw Jungkook they also greeted at each other but base on Jungkook’s expression he doesn’t want them here. I know that expression. “Hey Rosé and I ate at this restaurant which sells yummy foods. Lets go have lunch there later, yeah?” Chanyeol said. I hesitated “I don’t think so. If its an expensive restaurant then I’ll pass.” “But its not expensive. Its very affordable. Oh well Jennie or Sehun is going to cover for you anyway. C’mon Lisa. Just say yes.” I looked at Jungkook’s expression cause if looks could shoot lasers Sehun will be lying down now. Jennie is looking at me right now waiting “Okay Fine. But make sure we’ll be back before class starts.” I finally agreed. “Oh you’re going to love it there and remember Kyungsoo? The guy that we told you yesterday?” he asked. I nodded my head skeptically at him “He’s going with us.”

“Okay guys I have to go to my first class now. See you later.” Jungkook and I have morning class together. So as soon as I walked away from my friends he followed me. “So you’re friends with the basketball team now?” he asked. I bet he was so curious a while ago to ask me this. I cleared my throat before answering “Yeah. It just happened. “Hey I just want to make sure one thing. You’re going to my game right?” he asked with a pleading look. “Should I?” I snapped “Lisa I can’t do the game without you.” He snapped back “Well you should invite Sana then.” I walked fast but he still catches up. “Lisa please lets not talk about that now. That was my biggest nightmare. I’m trying to make this right. You know how important my games are and without you I just couldn’t do it.” He said sounding tired.

Maybe I just said too much. Maybe I’m being too mean. “Okay. I’ll think about it okay?” I finally said to him to which he nodded. “Lisa you know I can’t lose you, right? I’ll do whatever it takes just to have you back.” He said. This time I had to hug him. “You always know that you have my heart Jungkook but we needed time to heal.”  He nodded his head understanding. “I know that’s why I’m giving you the time that you need but please come back to me.”

***

Next chapter will be on Friday. This will be it for now.

Comment down your thoughts and Vote if you like this chap. Thank you.